11-11

vegan patty’s sub of the day on humpdays so I’ll get a subway for lunch

Did your wife come upstairs looking flushed and satisfied?

2 Likes

Caught El Capitan sneaking out to go and work on his fields this morning

10 Likes

:smiley:

It is for this exact reason that the greatest TV chef of all time is Ainsley Harriott. An absolutely exquisite broadcaster in his pomp, you cannot visualise him actually being a chef anywhere outside of a TV set or a cup-soup packet, although he did once work as a restaurant sous chef for a period. Could you imagine the stress of working in a kitchen with him? You’ve just seated 10 covers and the orders are flooding in: “Five tasting menus, three monkfish and a côte de boeuf, medium rare.” You’re concentrating on getting that fish à la nacre, but Harriott has just started to salsa, completely messing up your mise en place. At the pass, your hard work has just been undone as Harriott, gurning and wielding a comically large pepper grinder that he definitely brought in from home, has over-seasoned everything

9 Likes

Seem to be working my new job today even though I don’t know what it is, haven’t signed anything etc.

First thing I’ve written to my new team? That they all need to keep in check the fact they come off like white saviours in their marketing materials.

At least they know what to expect from me now: nagging :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your kids trying to shit you up.

I’ve got a day off - they cut the power to do maintenance in our building So I’ve taken it as a sign.

Off out for a walk then I’m recording for a friend’s record all afternoon when they turn the power back on

Laid in bed for 2 hours playing a very basic silly American Football game on my phone and now will have to work til stupid o clock

1 Like

I have one of those days I’ve put aside for catching up on thankless crushing admin before it overwhelms me and destroys my life.

Hard to get motivated for that sort of shebang. Luckily there is a new episode of Monday Graveyard to help me through though.

My bf keeps putting my clothes away when they’re slightly damp so they then smell!!
I don’t think I can marry this person!!!

5 Likes

I’m at a (virtual) conference all day. There are regular “networking roulette” sessions, which I’m pretty sure are just randomised webcam chats with other attendees.

I may have urgent work that needs to be done during all those.

1 Like

I used to put my wife’s clothes away and she would complain that I did it incorrectly so now I don’t put them away and she complains about that.

8 Likes

Flying back to Ireland, been a good five and a half years Scotland :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Are you able to be there? Hope it all goes as well as it can.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Morning everyone
Just found out rice is/are seeds, which has completely thrown me
Them upstairs are listening to Ibiza club classics, I’m listening to loud sad emo music
Still, 11.11am on the 11th is a MAGIC TIME MAKE A WISH EVERYONE

5 Likes

Any bin news?

1 Like

Oh god what have I done.

1 Like

:grin: no updates I’m afraid, don’t worry though- if there are any you’ll be the first to know, Richie!
How are your bins babes?

fortnightly collection was Monday, unfortunately one bin bag got stuck and so will remain in place for another 2 weeks. Frustrating bin news.