šŸ“† 15 May: Weekly social thread for the music board (formerly rolling)

I liked that ā€œ1stā€ daily or weekly thread, but thatā€™s closed now and anyway letā€™s just have a rolling one. Might even just post any songs of the day here and not be fussed with having one every single day. Who cares. Whatā€™s on your mind today or this week?

4 Likes

Completely obsessed with Angel Du$t at the minute

2 Likes

Britney Spears Blackout is a great album, by far her best. Feels like a really nice shot at the media in what were dark days for her, powerful stuff and Grade A Pop music.

1 Like

Not sure what to make of this.

Iā€™m sick for the 3rd day and probably wonā€™t listen to any music, just watch tv all day. Except for a short dog walk midday I guess. Itā€™s hot as hell out there.

What an album. Operator operator operator operatorā€¦

1 Like

Been listening to loads of hip hop again because itā€™s my ideal running music (good regular pace, find listening to the words a really helpful distraction) but Iā€™d like to update my playlist a bit. Currently lots of Kendrick and K*nye, Tyler, Wu-Tang/Gza/Ghostface, Danny Brown, RTJā€¦ Any recommendation for things I might like, even better if itā€™s from the last 5 years?

Not sure how it would work for running but this is up there as one of the best Hip-Hop albums of the year so farā€¦

3 Likes

Your Old Droog. YOD Wave is my favourite I think but not sure thatā€™s the majority consensus.

RAP Ferreira - 5 to the Stars and Kool Keith - Serpent also very good.

1 Like

Been enjoying blĆ³mi by Susanne SondfĆør over the last couple of days - thanks for the prompt in the April AOTM thread @bornin69x.

Tried it a few weeks back, but thereā€™s a Bright Eyes esque effort to ward off the casual listener with the first track which worked on the first attempt. It turns out thereā€™s a beautiful layered album beyond this though which Iā€™m now enjoying getting to know. Gorgeous artwork too.

1 Like

The run of songs in the middle - Fair Thee Well/Leikara LjĆ³d/Alyosha - is just stunning.

Agree that putting that long spoken word track at the start is certainly not calculated to attract the casual browser. Everything after that is great though.

1 Like

Had a Denzel Curry binge this morning. Taboo and Unlocked might work well for you.
The last few Pusha T projects always work nicely on a run

1 Like

This evening I have listened to the following albums;

Reuben - Racecar is Racecar Backwards
Million Dead - A Song To Ruin
&
Monster Magnet - Dopes To Infinity

Happy with those choices, enjoyed that!

4 Likes

5 Likes

All Hail the Bullgod! :metal:

2 Likes

Perfect weather for Black Love right now up here in the PNW.

3 Likes

Just had the James Ellis Ford album on. Perfect for easing you into the day.

1 Like

The Overmono record that came out last week is :100:.

3 Likes

Heard their set from the Great Escape on 6Music at the weekend. It sounded like there was a lot going on tbh tbfā€¦

1 Like

Just remembered this album and itā€™s proving a great one to work to with the sun out

1 Like