17th Dec day thread.

Never heard it etc.

I was going to make the same joke about ‘[ironing his] ceremonial cape’.

When I was In the booster queue, I was singing ‘boost me, boost me, boost me, boost me baby, til l looooose control’ in my head.

Hope this helps pass the time for others in the queue

@JaguarPirate sorry you didn’t have better luck with WH Lung last night either. Tbh selfishly a postponement would have been ideal for me, and at least you don’t have to worry about being at a gig atm.

1 Like

Morning kids,

Work have made some changes to the way we remotely log in, and gave properly fucked it. Zoom no longer works, nor do all the keyboard shortcuts I use. Didn’t want to do any work anyway. I wouldn’t have minded so much if they told people they were going to change things, but it was just rolled out without any notice. It’s inconvenient for me, but I should imagine it’s going to really piss off some senior people, and heads will roll.

Anyway, the sun’s out and Pulp’s on the stereo so it’s not so bad

had a fucking lovely meal at mother india last night, i’ll be sure not to wait another 43 years before going back. :slight_smile:
i’m off today, so for my day off i’m going into work. :grimacing: :laughing:

6 Likes

My dad sent me a hamper of Christmas goodies so having sweets for breakfast! We’ve all been given a half day today as the Christmas lunch was cancelled, so heading out of the city for a long walk this afternoon :blush:

5 Likes

turns out it was an outbreak within venue staff more than any actively precautionary measure (I think) so just about the most reasonable reason for a postpone possible …

Woke up with really tender, painful sides and was worrying I’m dying but just remembered I did an ab workout yesterday :sweat_smile: phew

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that it was the venue staff rather than them - they’ve got a sold out show in Manchester tonight so really hoping they can get through that one!

First pharmacy listed as doing walk ins wasnt :unamused: grrr. In a big old queue at a second place and I somehow forgot to get a coffee on my way here. Fucked it, lads.

why do i have such a goddamn busy day today

this is not proper at all

Last day of proper work with actual meetings. Next week is just sweet, sweet empty calendar for three days. Might have a Baileys.

too many threads don’t like it

2 Likes

#CovidChristmas

Partner tested positive two days again and I tested positive today so that’s Christmas gone!

#SodsLaw #Typical

I’ve got so much work to do but I feel like I’m missing out on all the thread fun.

Hope you both don’t feel too unwell and gbs :heart: you can still eat lots of yummy Christmas food x

4 Likes

The online shop is on its way!!!

1 Like

Can we pin the daily thread today @whiterussian ? Just so it’s still prominent in all the fine quality threads predicted today.

4 Likes