2 Jan 2021 thread

Good morning!
I am… awake? Got big plans to have a big spring clean of the house, have a funny thread idea. S’about it. Someone be a dear and bring me a coffee in bed, please.

1 Like

Good morning @froglet, good morning Avocado, Flashers, Gunty, Meow, Slickers, Nikers, Rob, Tilto, Safari, Rich, Funky, Shiny, Twinkly, Jordo, Hobbes, Kermo, Tuno, good morning DiS and many happy returns of the day to Cuba Gooding Jr from some films I’ve not seen, to Kate Bosworth from some films I’ve not seen, and to Dax Shepard from some films I’ve not seen. I hope we’re all commemorating the anniversary of the arrest of Peter Sutcliffe, as well as the Soviet spacecraft Luna 1 - the first man-made object to be put into an orbit of the sun. Pouring one out in memory of Pete Postlethwaite who passed away ten years ago today, and was in some films which I have seen. Join hands with me and your fellow DiSers today as we celebrate Nyinlong which is the winter solstice celebration across Bhutan, and also Kaapse Klopse which… no hang no, that looks problematic. I’m off to not watch any films, and definitely not black up.

8 Likes

Oh and the cat has just done a massive sick.

Had a bit of a lie in.

Came downstairs to find three jobbies on the living room floor. I suspect the dogs…

1 Like

I am very low on ideas for what to do today. Anyway pulled the film card yesterday, and as there is only one film R will watch I can’t really do that option again. Hmmm

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

11 Likes

Morning 2.1.21. It’s a rare Saturday off - might go for a walk but it looks bloody cold out there, so watching films indoors has a strong appeal and my DVD stash looks very tempting.

There’s new Drag Race to watch.

Otherwise :man_shrugging:

I agree with this. Bloody hell. Count in this the Trampoline Arena.

3 Likes

If everyone buys their own zorb thing @zorb reckon we can have a massive get together?

1 Like

Morning. Went to bed at a respectable time last night but was awake five times, what the hell. Kids were up at 6.30 so we snuggles in bed with the laptop and they Watched Chip and Potato and Hilda. We’re now having breakfast… At 10am. Oooops.

Honestly feeling really shitty today so probably sit on the couch and play switch whilst dreaming of the sweet and sour cauliflower dinner we have planned. MYbe I should get the bathrooms cleaned.

1 Like

Morning all

Sharing @Twinkletoes and others’ sentiments - our girls are too old for soft play but it would be nice to have something to do other than go for a walk? Still, at least it’s not raining. And we had a cooked breakfast this morning (I split the yolk accidentally but otherwise it was good)

11 Likes

Veggie enchiladas for dinner and I’m semi tempted to start making them now to have for brunch instead.
Also unsure of which room to start my tidying in. Bedroom feels appropriate?

The consistency of your beans looks absolutely excellent :yum:

1 Like

:hot_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Oh yes, beans should be stewed til the sauce has thickened and some of them go a little mushy :yum:

1 Like

Which room has the most storage space to put away tidied stuff? I’d start there so it’s easier to put away stuff from other rooms when you get to them maybe

1 Like

Never a truer word spoken! You’re one of the good guys, ccb

1 Like

Probably bedroom, or at least it will be once I’ve dragged everything out of the wardrobe and organised that :smiley:

Thanks froggy!

1 Like

Feels weird coming downstairs and not switching the tree lights on.