2016 albums you discovered too late for your AOTY lists

Moor Mother - Fetish Bones, seriously great

Yeah the opening track and ‘X’ in articular wouldn’t be out of place on an EITS record (probably why I like it so much)

They’ll never top Progress Reform though, such a great album, can’t believe it’s ten years old!

It got a 9/10 review on DiS at the time; Album Review: I Like Trains - Progress Reform / Releases / Releases // Drowned In Sound

Probably “If You See Me, Say Yes” by Flock of Dimes. Jenn Wasner is great.

RTJ3 - but I can be forgiven for that given the timing

But I’m also REALLY enjoying Loscil, Huerco S and Shackleton which I only got round to after seeing them in various AOTY lists

1 Like

From Caplan To Belsize by Muncie Girls is pretty much all i’ve been listening to for the past fortnight

The Pop Group - Honeymoon on Mars, listen to it, it’s incredible

Absolutely loads…

Pinegrove
Field Mouse
Whores
Mannequin Pussy
Crying
The Radio Dept.
Amber Arcades
Astronoid

Have fallen hard for Pinegrove. Just lovely songwriting and the kid’s voice is perfect. High hopes for their future.

1 Like

I will.

The Men - Devil Music

So much my kind of thing I’m annoyed I discovered it too late, trash-garage-noise-punk whatever you want to call it. Rules hard.

Future Echoes by Pictish Trail.

Not sure it would have broken into my top 5 even if I’d heard it earlier, but still an enjoyable album.

ash koosha

Oathbreaker - Rheia

1 Like

This happens every year for me after i trawl through all the Dissers end of year lists and realise how little i listen to through the year :slight_smile:

1 Like

well compared with the average Disser :slight_smile:

Whores - Gold
Car seat headrest - teens of denial

Both incredible!!

only found out today that Fatima released an EP last year

Nocturnal Habits (members of Unwound) - New Skin For Old Children was a complete joy to discover. As good as anything in the Unwound back catalogue, every track is a corker. Shame it seems to have gone completely unoticed, reminds me of later period Sonic Youth, a good thing!
Kristin Hersh - Wyatt At The Coyote Palace. Everything you could want from a Kristin Hersh record.Hard to believe the quality gets better the further you get through the two disc twenty four track album. Great that these icons from the nineties are still able to make music as good as anything anybody else has put out last year

1 Like

Emma Ruth Rundle – Marked for Death

1 Like