2016 MLB World Series thread

Wow, after getting 2 out impressively the Indians immediately shat it and let 3 Cubs home :smile:

RIZZZZZZOOOOOOO! Can’t believe it might go to seven.

There was an almighty roar round our block for that third HR. Defo heading to wrigleyville for the last game.

Did your floor shake for the grand slam?

1 Like

Game 7! You can bet if the Cubs lose that there’ll be a lot of grumbling about how they didn’t get home field advantage. I guess considering both teams’ droughts it’s going to be really cruel on whoever loses.

I had to be careful not to wake my sleeping girlfriend!

Yeah - it does seem a little odd that the All-Star game decides home advantage, but I guess it has to be decided somehow. Feels like a team’s record over the season should have a say really.

But whatever…i’m just happy it’s gone to Game 7, partly because of the Cubs’ comeback but also because it’s been a humdinger of a WS.

What a Game 6! Pretty pumped for this tonight, this is my “weekend” so I can stay up late doors and cheer on a team beginning with C-. Not fussed who wins (Jays are my dogs), just happy to be involved, Clive.

Both team are owned by Trump supporting families, who’ve both chucked a lot of money at down ticket races too. I’d say pick the team with the least racist logo!

There’s a huge thunder storm happening right now so game seven being in Cleveland probably worked out for the best.

Crazy tense atmosphere today at school. It’s been pretty nuts the whole month, even the Sox fans seem split 50/50 for the Cubs, I reckon there’s a flag or shirt in the window of every house on my street.

Illinois is going for Hillary and Ohio for Trump so I say go Cubs

Predos? Heart says Cubs, head says… Cubs but only if they can work out how to hit Kluber.

1 Like

Gonna go along with that too. Momentum is clearly with them if nothing else, got a couple Illinois beers to cheer them with!

1 Like

Yeah. I reckon the team with the early run will be tough to beat. Though I do reckon if the Cubs score early they could properly run away with it.

1 Like

And here they are!

1 Like

DEX !!!

Oh shit :smile:

That was huge!

This is fucking great so far! Had to ring the (American) gf before the game to brush up on the rules :sweat_smile: Glad I did though!

Feeling kinda awful for that Ramirez guy though, looks so fucking gutted.

Perfect play from Cleveland this inning. That bunt was ace.

2 Likes

So good! Never even heard of a ‘bunt’ before tonight

Dunno how that was ever called out just then, ball was never in his hand!