2017 AFL (the year of the Giant?)

The 2017 AFL season starts tomorrow night with the traditional Carlton v. Richmond match up. Just about every pundit on the AFL planet is tipping the Giants to win the flag this year.

I’m not quite so sure, myself. I think other Sydney team might get it done this year, after losing to the Bulldogs last year.

Given previous years have seen these threads die after about the third round, theres not much hope that there’s enough interest here to keep this one going for the whole season. But — who knows? — maybe new DiS has seen a few AFL fans sign up. If not maybe it can be a hang out for lonely DiSers. Something like a Social Board Buddy Bench.

Was waiting for you to do this. I’ll try my best to keep up. Hopefully moving back to Wellington next year so will be easier next season. Hoping the saints can just keep improving. Feels like a bit of a new era with Nick Riewoldt having stepped down as captain.

Saints a chance to make finals this year. Loads of people tipping either the Saints or the Demons to take a spot in the 8 (at North Melbourne’s expense)

Swans and Hawks propping up the ladder! Saints smashing the hawks! What’s going on!

No one knows. A few people picked hawthorn to slide a little, but not that much.

A tougher test facing the saints in the coming round: GWS Giants on Friday night

Smashed it mate. A great effort in the final quarter.

Yeah, great stuff. Not many saw that coming. Even fewer predicted North to smash Adelaide!

Congratulations to the Richmond Tigers. See you next season. Let’s see if we can crack 10 posts next time out.

Adelaide were rubbish. Houli was robbed. I dislike Richmond only a bit less than the other big Vic clubs. 2017 was a frustrating season. And this thread was a lost cause.

See you next season :+1::+1: