2017 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

I still ride for Lloyd Banks. His voice has aged really well. Still puts out a great mixtape per year at least.

I think he just loves rapping

Cold Corner 2 is his best, still play that tape a ton.

I mean this may not knock your socks off but I love how he just gets these tough beats and goes in every single time.

Thought this was great. Kinda sad it was just 6 episodes.

1 Like

New Mike Eagle album concept sounds interesting: Brick Body Kids Still Daydream | Open Mike Eagle

1 Like

Daringer :fire:

https://soundcloud.com/user-5212897/westsidegunn-x-mach-hommy-macho-on-coke

Finished this now. Was good. Nice snapshot of hip hop at that time. I find Sophia Chang a little annoying though.

good stuff going on

i REALLY like the new EP from nyck caution / kirk knight of pro era, didn’t anticipate it being as good as it is tbh, and im a fan

always liked Meek, good to see him back above water

new Tyler is great imo

Rae Sremmurd staying v consistent

speaking of RS new French Montana dropped pretty much entirely carried by that globe straddling single with swae lee that french is on for about 8 bars

surprised by how much I like the A$AP Twelvyy project

RIP Sean Price still

shady disclaimer section

can I get away with saying I quite like Felly in this thread?

why am I so happy riff raff is still a thing in august 2017?

1 Like

Just listened to this. Like it. But why get Fredro Starr on your album and just get him to do a skit. That’s a real shame.

true, although Onyx are featured on Trap Lord and Cozy Tapes vol. 1 as well so seems part of an ongoing thing

Ah, OK.

TBH, this is the first A$AP thing I’ve listened to in ages. Just really liked that Strapped track from a few months back.

That Sean Price and DOOM track is surprisingly decent for a posthumous thing

1 Like

Yeah - skipped through it as I quite want to wait 'til all 15 tracks are out and listen in one go.

Not sure there’ll be any cohesiveness to it. Press release suggested a load of tracks taken from various DOOM or other artist’s projects. Trying not to get my hopes up that this means there’s a haul of DOOM albums on the way.

Yeah, probably not, but I’m more likely to listen to it properly in one go rather than a track a week or whatever. I can’t see us getting another proper album from him.

Have I told you guys about the time I met MF DOOM at Shoreditch House? He was with Ghostface, and Daniel Sturridge was there.

2 Likes

Mate are you sure that wasn’t a dream? Sounds like it was a dream.

(Wet, etc)

1 Like

Thats definitely a story that needs fleshing out!

1 Like

It’s actually not that interesting, but I was seriously gassed (faced).

Ghostface did a show for Red Bull at Shoreditch House and I went with a mate. A mate of his had arranged it, so we were invited over to their table after the show. I was very reluctant as they were all eating, but did it anyway. We were introduced to the table (did a very awkward handshake with Ghostface and Sheek Louch who looked like they just wanted me to f**k off) including someone he called ‘Daniel’. As soon as I heard him order a wine cooler from the waiter I clocked that it was DOOM. We chatted briefly. He was living in south London and had just got the tube up to see Ghostface. I didn’t acknowledge that I knew who he was, promoter guy kept telling people ‘no photos, whatsoever’, all a bit weird.

Sounds corny, but to meet someone like that was just totally surreal. Been a fan since Mr Hood, own everything he’s ever done including f**king lunchboxes and dolls, I was properly starstruck. I had to go for another beer on my own at the 'Spoons at Liverpool St and text all my mates.

Oh - Daniel Sturridge doesn’t really feature in the story. He was just at the show and the venue was tiny. He went and did selfies with Ghost and Sheek Louch.

12 Likes

Good job on being so relaxed, I’d lose my mind if I met DOOM. So cool that you got to meet him (and Ghostface too!)

I imagine theres a full lockdown whenever Doom is maskless because hes managed to keep faceless for so long!

Yeah, I guess there is. Everyone seemed aware of it too, and keep mobiles in pockets etc. He looks pretty similar to KMD days. Fatter, large bald patch.

1 Like