2017 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

full 10/10 OG points for that observation

1 Like

Realised Camp Lo have stayed pretty busy after seeing them promoting a new album today. put a free three part mixtape series out over the past two years

love this beat:

1 Like

Eminem 5 minute Donald Trump diss BET cypher…

Not an em fan but fair enough.

1 Like

thanks, didnt know about these, just downloaded

This new OMB Peezy EP is cool: Humble Beginnings - Single by OMB Peezy | Spotify

All Cardo produced.Feel like he’s been one of the more consistently enjoyable producers of the last couple of years.

Another recent project he produced recently for G Perico/Jay Worthy: G-Worthy - Album by G-Worthy، Jay Worthy، G Perico | Spotify

I fux wit dis

3 Likes

Whole album is great actually.

1 Like

Enjoying this…

Black Noi​$​e & Navy Blue - Soul Golden

far too tired for work so catching up on radio freestyles

this is a great pairing

didn’t expect one of my favourite rap freestyles (of the year) to come from a reggae artist

2 Likes

Fuck man, that Black Thought and Method Man one :fire:

1 Like

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smithsonian/smithsonian-anthology-of-hip-hop-and-rap?ref=2qae47

Christmas is coming…

Oh man. Tempting… $100 though, and probably a fortune to ship. Really want to get this, but works out so expensive to get it to the UK…

http://burymewiththeloon.com/

1 Like

Really shows how far they’ve fallen that there was a new Wu Tang album out a week ago and today is the first I’ve even heard of its existence. Even the last couple got mad buzz, even though they were duds.

Not going to bother with it, obviously.

yeah i felt a bit morose about this. the only thing i heard about it was method man mentioning it whilst on a promo tour for a tv show he’s in. it is only listed as a compilation in some places though, maybe that and the lack of RZA production put it on the backfoot

the artwork had me feeling 14 again for a split second though

Certainly doesn’t feel like a “proper” Wu release, more like Chamber Music or Legendary Weapons. Mainly saying that cos of the complete lack of a push behind it though

They had a pretty good innings. I don’t feel bad for any of those guys, apart from maybe Inspectah Deck.

Remember thinking, as late as the mid 00s, that there was enough talent in the Wu that at least one of them would always be doing something interesting, just by the law of averages. Quickly approaching a decade since the last really good solo album now, too.

1 Like

yeah don’t feel bad for the members, just always a shame to see a group you love kind of trickle along

2 Likes

What was the last Wu related album you really loved? I’m not sure what mine is.

Really liked a lot - probably Fishscale or the one with Adrian Younge.
Properly loved and still listen to? Really don’t know…