2017 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

This question will seem cute when it’s been completely inescapable for 6 months solid

3 Likes

kinda hope they make a music video for this. can’t believe the man smashed trump and put up a fist for colin to promote an album feat. ed sheeran

2 Likes

he’s every bit the mor pop dirge that he made a career off roasting and it’s great

can’t believe it’s 2017 and Eminem is MOR and tapping Sheeran, Dr. Dre finally released a post-2001 album that got forgotten pretty swiftly, and meanwhile The Game is dropping fairly listenable and very well curated throwback albums

it’s weird watching hip hop age.

2 Likes

ed sheeran is like the 3rd most offensive thing about this (Skylar Grey… AGAIN). i can already start to hear exactly how each one of these songs will sound. Won’t waste my time verifying this, mind.

1 Like

This was my favorite hip hop tv thing this year

Such an embarrassment

well it’s 2017 and i prefer Jaden Smith to Eminem

Thinking about doing a dis hip-hop 2017 poll for fav releases and songs. Basically would have posters nominate like 30 songs and 10 albums each then open it up to campaigning, discussion and = submitting ballots. then I’d crunch the numbers and do the rundown/rollout over a week or so, counting down the top 50 tracks and top 25 releases, or something around that.

Would need at least ten people to make it worth while. Is there enough interest?

I’ve been very absent for this genre in 2017 - enjoyed Tyler, Brockhampton, Vince and Kendrick but would very much like some other AOTY pointers/things I shouldn’t miss, so I’d appreciate the poll from a spectator POV!

I’d be in although 30 seems a lot, especially if, like me, you’re terrible at remembering what year things came out

30 would be the max, anyone could nominate any number of songs up to 30

1 Like

well anyone can submit a ballot even if you dont nominate. i’d give around two weeks for campaigning/discussion/ballots to give people time to listen to the nominations and make some choices.

I would be keen. I’ve not listened to as much hip-hop this year as usual, so not sure my lists will be especially unique / highlight anything new. I think tracks will be easier than albums.

I’d be down for just tracks too.

firmly interested aye - it’s pretty much guaranteed to lead me to something i havent heard yet. not sure whats going to be on my list other than kendrick and young thug / young thug & future / a few swae lee features

1 Like

if Apollo Brown can do a full album of stuff like this w Ghostface that would be welcomed

1 Like

Sounds pretty good. Dunno why they’ve named the album the same as the last project they did together. Not even that good a title