2018 April Film DiScussion Thread

Looking forward to seeing some of them when they’re released over here in November 2019 or whenever.

Was so puzzled when it made the top of so many end of year lists, I was so bored. Unless that 3D was something special (I saw it in 2D)

yeah I watched it on Netfllix I think - i don’t think the 3D would’ve added much tbf, it rarely does at the best of times

Remember sitting in the cinema thinking “I am literally watching someone take a poo”

2 Likes

i think Godard’s one of them where critics will give him high ratings just cause of what he’s done before, cause it sure can’t be based on that!

A mate saw it in 3D and said it was unlike any other use of the technique he’d seen. It was apparently completely random, so that certain objects, such as part of a sofa would be in 3D and the rest of the film wasn’t.

ffs godard

why is Star Wars at Cannes :smiley:

Shrek 2 was in the main competition back in 2004! :smiley:

2 Likes

In more serious news though, I would be into seeing what Pawel Pawlikowski has got next, I absolutely adored Ida

1 Like

Pretty sure one of the Expendables films played there as well. Vague recollection of Stallone etc trundling the croisette on a tank.

1 Like

Cannes always likes a big Hollywood film to premiere outside of competition to drum up interest and get on a few front pages. They can then get down to the serious business of awarding prizes to whichever one of their favourites has a film out in time.

a mix up when someone said that they finally had it in the can

ban request

1 Like

Missed a trick by not including this one imho opinion

1 Like

this happened at Cannes too

4 Likes

same. was worried it was me being a misanthrope but just cba with it

not sure how it’s possible to still be arsed with wes anderson tbh

You are a misanthrope but it’s also not very good

Probably something to do with making a number of good films.

1 Like

a few* fifteen years ago*

2 Likes