2018 April Film DiScussion Thread

ha I completely forgot about him

1 Like

Watched A Quiet Place. Thought it was really good. Pretty much constant tension.

Really liked how the film seemed to develop the scares organically, and managed to create such well rounded characters. Did a good job at conveying the fear for them all in all their situations

1 Like

Re; first point - you see the broken water pipe

2 Likes

The young boy was played by Julie off Corraā€™s son!

Rough Trade are hosting a 120bpm screening with a Q&A from Arnaud Rebotini (the soundtrack composer) at the Institute of Light on Friday.

The admission is buying the sountrack on CD/LP:

https://roughtrade.com/gb/events/rough-trade-east-120bpm-film-screening-exclusive-q-a-dj-set-from-arnaud-rebotini

2 Likes

Watched Strange Days on Mubi. Thought it was really good, one of the best uses of noir coventions in a neo noir Ive seen. The device of SQUID was really well done and not overused. Dunno why Skunk Anansie showed up.

Money Monster is shit though

Just did some good boyfriending by accompanying the gf to a 40th anniversary screening of Grease.

God I fucking hate Grease.

6 Likes

I keep thinking ah I might give Grease a watch then I realise its the most irritating thing evee

I feel like Iā€™m from another planet when I see people enjoying it. What the fuck is literally every person in that film doing!? Itā€™s so fucking weird.

2 Likes

Enjoy the Grease 2 viewing next time!

1 Like

Not to mention a much better ending would have been Sandy telling Danny and Rizzo to piss off

1 Like

Itā€™s a film with a really abhorrent message isnā€™t it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll freely admit I like some films with dodgy gender politics (e.g. MASH, National Lampoonā€™s Animal House, True Lies), itā€™s just those films have good points to counter that stuff, whereas Grease is nothing but dodgy gender politics! Decent songs though.

Wonā€™t even give it that Iā€™m afraid.

6 Likes

Watched Pacific Rim Uprising last night. Wow so bad. Kept thinking how silly they must have felt acting all that inside the robot stuff. Essentially playing Wii Tennis to nothing.

Also when the mega baddy was made by Charlie Day just stitching all the monsters together :man_facepalming:

assumed it had already come out in the UK but apparently not, would recommend everyone see Let the Sunshine In if they get the chance
itā€™s great

is Nico, 1988 any good?
not sure I wanna see it

Is A Quiet Place good then?

• A Good Place more like!!
  • An Average Place more like!!
  • A Shite Place more like!!!

0 voters

I thought it was very good, I predict that you will think it fine at best though (not in a snarky way)