Daz f Fred Gibbs and Tray dee - ghetto bird

skipper ft iamsu - right time

dj sumbody- ayuepyep

this is from later last year but im still playing it to death - slow banger
sun el musician - akanamali

1 Like

forgot sheck wes - mo bamba

1 Like

I’ve given up trying to explain that banger =/= a song you like on here.

10 Likes

This is really great

As a relative newcomer to the term, my interpretation of it has been that there are three main types:

• The fast-paced, hard-charging rock song (example: “Dimed out” by Titus Andronicus)
  • A heavy rock song that makes up what it lacks in speed with noisiness or a danceable groove (example: “Walkin’ On the Sidewalks” by QOTSA)
  • A song more poppy than heavy that has an undeniably infectious danceable groove going on (example: “Negative Space” by Hookworms)

And then of course songs that have a combination of or all of these elements like “March of the Pigs” by NIN or “Doe Deer” by Crystal Castles.

Please correct me if I’m wrong!

ehhhhh idk think how ive understood in a traditional sense is a club banger, usually hip hop or dance music with heavy bass (pop and r&b can work as well). you know, something to, uh… get turnt to. first time i heard about bangers was the term ‘tunnel bangers’ in the mid-late 90s out of new york. there’ a little history at the beginning of this and a good list with explanations here:

3 Likes

I think if you open the term up to rock then these work as bangers in the broader sense. they could move a crowd.

like @BodyInTheThames most recent song posted doesnt really code as a banger for me, more of a nice breezy summer jam. but i like it and hadnt heard it so who tf cares i guess.

1 Like

This was how I first defined a banger before doing last year’s playlists… but then ended up broadening my view after a lot of people posted tracks that could be seen as one in another sense.

For example, hip-hop tracks with a really thick bass or beat were posted which I probably wouldn’t put on in a club/getting ready for a night out but would bang while listening on head-phones or on a late night drive.

Here’s how I split things up last year…

I may be a bit stricter this time round as there have been a few tracks posted which I like but don’t really enter banger territory.

Anyway enough of the discussion, let’s have some more bangerz.

1 Like

I feel comfortable with my chat to banger ratio thus far.

1 Like
8 Likes

Such an enjoyable song (especially played loud):

Ladytron are awesome.

3 Likes

Didn’t she used to be iamamiwhoami? Anyway - love this. Love her bonkers videos too.

3 Likes

Yeah, P4k got it right on this

2 Likes

The Breeders - “Wait in the Car”

1 Like

Not listened but something about the still images reminds me of Mad Richard Ashcroft.

1 Like

Another Rae Morris one- I heard this on the Local Coop radio while shopping this morning. :scream_cat:

5 Likes

Does this count as a banger?

Not sure but it was a ray of sunshine during snowpocalypse week for me

6 Likes

could someone let me know what ‘bangers’ means? I notice it being mentiond a lot in ‘the metro’ (thinly veiled expression of exaspertion from grandad)