2018 February Film DiScussion Thread

I think he’s good in Bridesmaids and Calvary. And Molly’s Game.

Can’t comment on the first and last but I hated him in Calvary too.

In fact the only bit of that film I liked was when Brendan Gleeson laid down on the bed with his dog.

Alright team, just booked to see Loveless on Valentine’s Day :sunglasses:

(Oddly, it’s playing at like three Cineworlds in the UK, and the only one in London is the Canary Wharf one…)

1 Like

Big fan of the Close Up cinema in Shoreditch celebrating Valentine’s with a screening of Amour.

I saw one cinema was showing Maurice Pialat’s We won’t grow old together, which is an incredibly misanthropic film, even by French standards.

Watched The Cook, The Thief. his Wife and Her Lover.

Blimey

1 Like

Blimey is right, I trumatised my old flat mate watching that. She was a sensitive soul.

1 Like

Phantom Thread: god I love Paul Thomas Anderson.

2 Likes

Did really like itnthough. Probably the best use of sex scenes ive seen

Watched The Road again last night, not as funny as I remember it being first time around

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/simpsonsfilms/status/963372625279045633

5 Likes

Saw The Greatest Showman last night. What an utterly bizarre film. What was Michelle Williams doing in this?

The story races along at a really odd breackneck speed, especially in the first half. Zendaya barely has any lines but her romance with Zac Efron is the supposed to be one of the main plotlines. Every single event has zero consequence, and nothing really goes wrong for Hugh Jackman which isn’t instantly rectified. He totally sacks off his ‘freaks’ and they instantly forgive him. His circus burns down so they build a tent.

Songs were decent but I don’t think the super contemporary production was the way to go. Yer man Zac Efron was surprisingly good in this.

1 Like

Zac Efron is always good value. He’s in a lot of shite films but is usually by far the best thing about them.

By the way I also saw this film and it was truly bizarre. I’d have said it had taken place over a couple of years yet his daughters didn’t age at all.

2 Likes

Good news - there’s a singalong version out this weekend!

1 Like

And it’s being released at IMAX!

1 Like

and it’s LIVE

with ANIMALS

this is definitely my favourite meme

needs a hashtag or something so you can find them

Shape of water worth watching then?

lol no

not seen

1 Like