2018 February Film DiScussion Thread

i only decided to make an effort to use it this year. only for logging films i’ve watched so i can remember them come december when folk are asking what your favourite film of the year was.

This one Jook linked to seems better for looking out for recommendations and finding similar stuff, Letterboxd seems more of a logging thin

Oh god

Now this is more like it

4 Likes

16 Likes

Is this one of your creations because it’s amazing.

I mean I know Marvel are basically making movies as sequels to films they haven’t put out yet but this seems an extreme case. I guess JW2 will make loads but I can’t help but hope it bombs just to spite their ridiculous confidence in their ability to make the same fucking film 6 times and still make cash.

Just found out that Curzon cinemas usually show Netflix films in the week they come out. For example they’re showing Mute this week. Hoping that they’ll do the same for Annihilation, have dropped them a tweet to ask. Sucks if you’re not near a Curzon though.

yeah i was really impressed by Black Panther
got to see it in glorious 2D, too

Quick poll for anyone who’s arsed which is best; Diary Of A Teenage Girl, Edge Of Seventeen or 20th Century Women? They all seem to have a similar vibe tho i might be wrong.

Edge of Seventeen.

3 Likes

excellent, thanks.

20th Century Woman, which is probably my favourite film of the last couple of years (Florida Project a close second). Funny, lovely vibe, top soundtrack, plus it manages to be a multi-generational coming of age film (which I don’t think I’ve seen done before).

I really enjoyed the first two of those and found the other one very irritating.

1 Like

oh really! how come?

Just thought all the characters were kind of unbearable (Annette Bening aside) and I really hate look-at-how-cool-my-music-taste-is performative directorial stuff and this was chock full of it.

1 Like

I think I said this at the time too but I think if I saw it when I was a teenager it would probably be my favourite film for a while

Ooooh boy this doesn’t look good:

Oh. Oh no.

The diminishing returns of his films since Moon has been really sad to witness.

hmm. I wanna stay positive but the Cloverfield Paradox was genuinely awful and this could easily be another case of that…