2018 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

banger

4 Likes

Fuck!

Wasnā€™t expecting that!

1 Like

:fire::fire::fire:

Way more hyped for a new record than I thought I was now (despite loving Malibu)

any Junglepussy chat anywhere?
enjoying her latest one a lot

1 Like

Quite like this. Donā€™t know anything about either artist.

Same sample Non-Phixion (Necro?) used on Four Ws

yeah this is good. gangsta boo sounds great on this they should do a collab album

heard that one lā€™orange did with kool keith, was alright.

this is great, love push :smiley:

looking forward to this album a lotā€¦ assuming it actually comes outā€¦

1 Like

Out tomorrow! Iā€™m a little bit concerned that after like 4 years of working on this, theyā€™ve whittled it down to just 7 tracks to fit with Kanyeā€™s weird 7-track aesthetic. Though obviously if theyā€™re all absolute gold then Iā€™ve got no problem will all killer no filler

As a side, him saying the Nas record is ā€œ2008 Nasā€ is a bit worrying. Untitled is his worst album for me and I canā€™t remember anyone saying they wished heā€™d go back to that :confused:

1 Like

i think he says ā€˜2028 nasā€™ ?! i guess he means heā€™s in the futureā€¦ or some shit. i am seriously not bothered about a new nas albumā€¦

1 Like

oh right. that makes more sense

I actually think Nas has a good, largely consistent discography beyond Illmatic but many will disagree

22 minutes long apparently. Thatā€™s barely an album

1 Like

think these were good to listen to but ultimately dont see them having any staying power, for me anyway.

for some reason im way less interested in the rapper version of paak

I think both are great. The free jazz track wonā€™t get too much airing but Me&My will stick around for me

That said, itā€™s very personal music. You get the feeling he didnā€™t make it for anyone else really

Daytona is great :grinning:

edit: just got to the bit where Kanye drops another ā€˜poop scoopā€™

1 Like

Very much feels like this has come out of nowhere. A fucking amazing surprise though, hyped for the album.

1 Like

Yupppp. As I said in the other thread, I do wish there was more of it, and Kanyeā€™s verse is weirdly out of place on an album that should not have a single misstep. Otherwise, straight fya.

Think Yeā€™s statement this summer is gonna be ā€œLook, Iā€™m still a producerā€. As a result, I was kinda expecting him to overcook it in an effort to show off, but heā€™s relatively restrained and lets Pusha do his thing. And boy does he drop some great verses on this :smiley:

Yeah, this is fun