2018 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

Anyone been listening to Shirt?

New thing just dropped.

black panther album is predictably great considering it’s basically a Kendrick curated posse album. few A+ slappers on there

Gone too soon to the great rap battle in the sky:

Yesssssss…

I am down

SOB X RBE song >>.

$25 to pre-order. Might just wait for iTunes. Hope the mastering is a bit better on this.

I know it’s from last year but I got a bit obsessed with crew by goldlink and it’s not going away. I liked the song well enough anyway but then glizzy tweeted out this vid of his verse a while back and I’ve found myself watching it a few times a week ever since

obvs the little man is adorable, but look at that fucking crowd, so hype. wanna be in there with them so bad

Alright what’s good so far this year? Top 3 or 4 so far?

Cupcakke - Ephorize
Maxo Kream - Punken
Dave East - P2
Dunno - Dunno

Thx havent listened to the new cupcake yet. gotta be in a mood you know.

talk to me about this

Eh. Nothing from 2018 that I’m really into yet. Still rinsing stuff I found via end of 2017 lists. A lot of hype around Shirt but it wasn’t really for me.

Shirt sounding alright on a cursory listen.

drake being awesome (also the best song he’s made in ages)

nice

It’s a great video. That “I only love my bed and my mama I’m sorry” bit is getting rinsed already though.

I prefer ‘Diplomatic Immunity’ of his new tracks, but that’s my favourite type of “Drake”, his State of the Union thing where it sounds like he’s rapping from a private jet drinking champagne and just letting you know where’s his head is it (‘So Far Gone’, ‘5am in Toronto’ and that series of tracks, ‘Paris Morton Music’, ‘Do Not Disturb’), think that’s why If You’re Reading This… is the last thing of his I really loved.

Still very vein and all, but also a good message for the people. i dont think ive checked for a drake song since Take Care. He’s been a staple on radio for like 8 years straight.

I like Passionfruit, One Dance and Signs in a low key background music type of way I guess.

Hopefully the label don’t find out though.

yeah, that disclaimer was properly lame. also, if ralo has enough cash to do that kind of shit out of his own pocket for real then surely drake does