2019 albums hype

Unbelievably exciting - Flower Boy was a REAL album, a stab at that grand, cohesive MBDTF type thing and for me it worked like crazy. He’s intimated since then that he might drift from rap (to singing? To experimentation?)

One of his favourite albums of the last few years has been The Ooz by King Krule. You could also say his new aesthetic and the short clips we’ve heard have a Yeezus vibe. Ah, whatever - it will be so exciting.

1 Like

Apparently Bon Iver is playing people his new single(s) at his festival in the woods thing - LP4 to follow this Aug/Sept

Lets hope its a lot better than LP3.

1 Like

New Felicia Atkinson due in July. Thought both her Collab album & the Coyotes mini LP from last year were ace.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Like the sound of this but really wish he’d left the comedy sex songs behind. The first album has such staying power in its sense of ageing and disappointment, where the second was a laugh the first time around and got older with each subsequent listen.

Exciting stuff - 22, A Million is one of those records I can’t put into words. It’s magic.

4 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for Petrels news for an age (or what feels like one). Been too long, Oliver. Magic.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t think it’s available online, but sounds like an album is coming in a few months

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks! I would have completely missed this.

new flylo tracks dropped, apologies if already shared

180 from you’re dead. idk how to describe, like retro future funk? they have similar vibe to los angeles, but those melodies kind of nod to 70s cali soul maybe? i really like them, just wish the weather in leeds would suit the mood :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes