2019 albums hype

Looks like a 2020 albums hype thread will need to start soon!

2 Likes

Ahhh my mistake!

No album announcement yet but new Holy Fuck appears to be imminent

Banger of a single

1 Like

New Underground Lovers out soon:

https://amnplify.com.au/underground-lovers-take-a-left-turn-with-new-single-the-passerby/

These guys suck at promotion. I’m among their biggest fans, and I had no idea they announced the album earlier this year, and have already put out a couple of songs:

2 Likes

Really love the last one (basically thanks to you), looking forward to this.

1 Like

I would LOVE a new album from MONEY.

Suicide Songs is still a gorgeous thing.

4 Likes

they’re a mint band

1 Like

The title of “The Decalogue” has a touch of the grandiose: it means “The Ten Commandments.” Yet this score, composed by Sufjan Stevens for a dance work choreographed by Justin Peck that premiered with the New York City Ballet in May of 2017, is quiet and experimental. Stevens’s piano score, as played and recorded by Timo Andres, sounds like etudes in the Romantic-modernist tradition, as if prompted by Debussy.

With “The Decalogue,” releasing digitally and on deluxe edition vinyl on October 18, 2019 and standard edition and CD on December 6, 2019, Sufjan is making—gently, without ostentation—new departures.

1 Like
1 Like

Great news - I’ve lost track of him a bit since his last full length/the jail time that came shortly afterwards.

the 2020 list for me is already pretty extensive.

This is sounding alright. I skipped their second album because I thought the debut was a bit lightweight, but these tracks have a bit more beef about them. Will check it out when it’s released. May look into the last album too.

1 Like

The last was fine but meandering, all over the place and far too long. It seems as though the front man might have finally come through a long term drug problem - and the new tracks sound very promising to me. Focussed and with a fresh sense of purpose. Looking forward to the album.

1 Like

9-26-19, Dirt Poor Robins

Only three years since the last one, whoa!

The use of smartphone imagery in the ad and the title make me worried that this is another ‘people look at phones at lot these days’ record (c.f Sleater-Kinney) but I’ve got hope. Shadow’s never released a record without a least a banger or two

2 Likes

First half is intrumental, and then the second half has all the guest vocalists

2 Likes