2019 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

new Maxo Kream is Very Good. love this dude. sneaking into favourite rapper territory

3 Likes

Had slept on him but this is great. Is the album from last year worth a go?

100%

I’d give Punken a fair spin and if you like that check Persona Tape

This is a massive tune too. Cheers :grin:

1 Like

Still obsessed with this

4 Likes

Can we still chat about UK hip-hop here?

1 Like

This was probs a bit flippant, sorry. Sounds like a shit situation for him, and obviously fuck ICE and everything they represent.

1 Like

He could some and live with MF DOOM.

whole thing is sad. hope it gets resolved

1 Like

trees production is pretty singular out there. slippery sometimes but always soul-infused.

1 Like

I hate this story - first of all what it represents in this fucking world, and second of all the reaction to it on fucking line.

It’s become a meme, like every thing else, when the man’s identity is, at a cursory glance, complicated - born to a Dominican mother and moving to the US at 12. But apparently his whole life’s a forfeit joke now because his passport says U.K.

His immigration status (out of his control at age 12, yeah?) is being treated as something shameful and now he’s a posh English boy. The man’s been shot and banned from US schools and his brother was murdered but LOL.

The world today reminds me of the news broadcasts in fucking robocop or star ship troopers. My arse, fuck off.

1 Like

Not directed at anyone on here btw - love love this place, I just see shit seeping into all things from all corners.

yeah, internet is all about getting jokes off asap but not much thought goes into it obv. im sure weve all jumped on a quick pile on prematurely once or twice. was def weird to see a certain section of the internet laugh at anything ice related.

1 Like

Slick Rick x MF Doom x 21 Savage cmon guys

1 Like

Im deeply ashamed to like this especially because I heard it due to Geoff Barrow calling them out for misogyny whilst calling them out for not clearing a sample but god damn this is impossible to dislodge from your head

Does also remind me of

1 Like

This is solid.

:grimacing:

There’s still new Sean P verses out there?

Edit. Bloody old link that my mate shared, thought this was confirming a rumour for that rumoured Black Star album produced by Madlib, but it’s just an old story.

New Czarface Meets Ghostface album sounding pretty good on first listen

2 Likes