2019 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

Yuuuhhhh

3 Likes

Why can I only press the ā€˜likeā€™ heart once??

1 Like

Loving Lee Scott at the moment. New Mcabre Brothers one which is him and some other guys Iā€™m not too familiar with.

This is fucking great, best Ghostface verses Iā€™ve heard in ages, Esoteric doing an amazing Blueprint-era Jay-Z impression and Deck just killing it as usual. Only became aware of them last week when I was checking out MF Doom after the Classics Listening Club, and this is much more consistent than the ā€¦Meets Metalface album.

1 Like

FINALLLY. I was worried this was going the way of Madvillainy 2.

Iā€™m all over this shit, track is fire.

4 Likes

Very nice. Wish there was a solid release date for Bandana. Going to resist listening to this too much - just want to luxuriate in a whole album.

Yeah was annoying that it wasnā€™t accompanied by a release date but feel much more confident that itā€™s actually coming now

Nothing new but I just want to say somewhere that I listened to The Cold Vein earlier for the first time in absolutely ages and it still properly bangs.

2 Likes

I listened to it for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago after being recommended it by a friend and I can agree!

2 Likes

Pretty jealous of someone getting to discover it fresh! An absolute treasure trove of a record.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Any ideas of a new Danny Brown album he apparently said it would be out ā€œearly 2019ā€ so it canā€™t be too long.

I am rocking with the new 2 Chainz album. Somehow heā€™s getting better with age and with more exposure and more mainstream success.

cool to hear him over some 9th wonder

2 Likes

I loved Pretty Girls, and this sounds like a great follow up so far.

I really appreciate that his projects seem fully formed - cohesive sound, thoughtful lyrics, well sequenced, and with a suitable gap since the last one.

quite the glow up from the early tity boi / playaz circle days lol. most of the early swag/trap/mixtape/ringtone rappers from the 00s have fallen off the map completely.

listen to this if you like hip hop drum talk

couldnt come up with anything better than ā€œMIKEā€ huh. anyway this is lazy stuff, dig it tho, sounds like he cant be bothered to get the words out

Looking forward to this. billy woods one of my current favourites, and Kenny Segal is an interesting pairing. woods over beats like thisā€¦

Little Simz album is doing the business for me today:

2 Likes

not new tunes but really enjoyed this episode of ATR, going through Bay Area rap that samples Whodini (first hour) and Prince (second hour)

1 Like