2019 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

It’s really great - he’s mad talented. Also I’m enjoying reading the reviews and checking out some of the Miami rap the album references - it’s not really a scene I’ve explored before.

Reckon Speedboat is the catchiest rap song I’ve heard this year, but I love Ricky, Wish, Automatic and Shake 88. Think he’s close to “favourite rapper” territory with this album.

1 Like

Reports (some conflicting) that Bushwick Bill has passed away.

1 Like

Enjoying this UK rap playlist that Dummy made.

Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread earlier so here it is again lol

Love the production & can’t wait for the album

1 Like
1 Like

<3

2 Likes

This is good news: Punken was one of last year’s best records

Could do without that album artwork though

quite like that album artwork

Game sounding hungry

Just took a look at the tracklist for Bandana and now I’m unreasonably excited. There’s a track with Pusha T and Killer Mike, and another with Mos Def and Black Thought? Oh myyy. Singles are all great too.

Out this weeeeeeeeekkkk :fire:

3 Likes

Speaking of Pusha T and Black Thought, both of them have guest spots on the new Benny the Butcher EP/LP.

So I’m not too familiar with Freddie Gibbs but I’m listening to his new LP with Madlib right now after reading good things. Fucking great so far.

2 Likes

So I’m probs gonna listen to Pinata start to finish after this lol

2 Likes

I’m really loving it so far. Any fears of them not being able to recreate the magic put to bed

1 Like

Haven’t even got round to listening to Pinata yet cause I’ve just had this on repeat all day - especially love how Gibbs isn’t afraid to turn it up a gear with his flows even over the more chilled instrumentals. Love it

Oh, and those fucking beat switches JESUS

1 Like

Never particularly clicked with Pinata but this is fucking great. Should go back and give it another go I guess

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

smh