2020 Health & Fitness

Running tights. They’re really good and make my bum look ace. got some nike ones on sale at m&m a few years ago that are properly great but I think their RRP is ridiculous

My cycling mileage has dropped drastically since summer - thanks a bunch, new job - and my peak fitness started plummeting after a month. Still had decent stamina (easily managing 80+ mile rides) but my peak power was way down. Slowly been trying to fit cycling back into my very variable routine, with gradually improving results. Did well (relative to my expectations!) in a couple of virtual races recently; today I got home from work at 2245, felt all bouncy and full of beans so tried going full steam up a long climb in Zwift. Started hard and felt good so kept ramping up the power, and ended up holding an average of 4.2 W/kg for the 22ish minute climb. Out of nowhere I’ve equalled my best ever 20-minute performance - going to do more late night cycling I think :smiley:

1 Like

Back squats at the gym for first time since March. Managed 2 reps at my PB weight. Literally haven’t done any kind of squats since March. I’ve always massively struggled with back squats as well :woman_shrugging:

Seriously, the secret to weights is spending 6 months bulking with chocolate

2 Likes

irked at the mo. if i flex i’m captain muscles. if i don’t i am a rake. that’s it. somehow hiding all evidence of inshapeness inside, like a pointless tardis.

You’re a grower, not a shower, then.

1 Like

My nipples are a warzone.

2 Likes

yes. AND with my muscles.

I’m about to start couch to 5k. I haven’t run for three years. @pervo how are you getting on with it?

First run was tougher than I thought it would be. I walked one of the running intervals and finished early for two or three of the others. I ended up walking an additional 3k walking to and from the running path. I feel good for doing it though and want to get better.

1 Like

:eyes: i got a little bit distracted from my health kick by eating disgustingly and working on applications, and my ankle was still weirdly wobbly, but i’m hoping i get a new job soon and can snap out of it

That’s understandable. If you do fancy starting back up and would like to encourage each other the offer is there, but no pressure of course.

I hope things get better soon. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks - that would be great! I just got offered an interview at a market leading company where the role is like, perfectly tailored to my skills and experience but also a step up and more what i’d like to be doing… :crossed_fingers: !!!

5 Likes

It’s alllll over for me now these are readily available…

3 Likes

Went with my GF to a commercial gym this morning for the first time in 6 months or so. Definitely not regretting spending way too much money that I couldnt really afford on my powerlifting set up at home. In fact, might invest some more money I dont have getting some extra 20kg wheels. Love that I can be topless, blast firewind on max volume, and also fart to my hearts content.

1 Like

Woohoo! That’s amazing! :crossed_fingers:

These do it for me:

2 Likes

I’m a far scrawnier guy with muscles, I like to think of myself as ‘surprisingly toned’.

Except the belly, which is either a six-pack or a kangaroo stuffed with a family-sized christmas turkey. It’s the only place I put on weight.

same, and currently i’ve put on a lot of weight there.

probably a good thing to concentrate it one place although i feel a bit out of proportion

Week 42
19 hours/ 19 games
27 goals

Football Replacement Service:
3 gym visits
120m treadmill/ bike

1 Like