2020 Health & Fitness

I dunno, they’re not ripping anyone off though are they? It’s fair enough to assume they’d want people to stay members, would be more cynical to make people apply to get it cancelled (like TFL did) knowing there’s a possibility a lot of people wouldn’t bother

1 Like

Better are a not-for-profit gym (part of GLL) so I just assume their intentions are good, but honestly I have no idea. I know the local schools use the facilities and they are really cheap compared to other chains. I had no intention of cancelling as I wouldn’t want to see the old leisure centre close and end up as either flats or a privately run gym.

3 Likes

Actually this seemed to have spiralled and loads of people are going. So going with ‘bad’. Kettlebells 6Music it is.

Went for my first run (+ 8 flights of stairs x 2) this morning. Took about 25 mins. Very knackered now but in a good way.

Ran through backstreets to avoid traffic and other people. Very few people about, only a handful of dog walkers. Saw one other jogger.

The plan is to do this every morning, before breakfast.

5 Likes

So on top of everything else recently I found out I have a hernia so my GP adviser against anything strenuous activity. But I’m climbing the walls a bit not being able to exercise.

Does anyone have any recommendations for light exercises I can do at home? YouTube links even better. Thanks!

There’s some ideas in this thread

Pilates and yoga would be my recommendations for gentle but effective workouts, then if you want something more intense then barre can be an absolute killer on the legs without necessarily involving your core

1 Like

Oh God, they’re doing it again this evening and someone is bringing along a load of cookies that they made!

Obviously I just didn’t reply because I’m spineless.

That was silly. RIP me :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

4hrs :grimacing:

how’s the arse?

My arse wants a divorce

3 Likes

I need to unlock the Alpe du Zwift

2 Likes

Strava says the record for that route (Four Horsemen) is 2h 25. Surely gotta be some weight doping going on there

How close are you to level 12? It’s a grand climb, and a great route for FTP testing as well. Got my “5 times up AdZ” badge on this run.

how much left to get the tron bike?

1 Like

20,700m to go. FFS

Today was perfect outdoors weather but I’m still in quarantine so :man_shrugging:

Started my daily run regime exactly a week ago and so far have managed to go out every day, before breakfast. Planning to increase the distance from tomorrow.

Not as enjoyable as playing football but it’ll have to do for now. The real killer is climbing 8 flights of stairs after each run though.

You could do that bit at the start, get it out of the way.

Using the lift to go up or down is banned for the time being.

1 Like

Previously on me getting healthy…

Lost over a stone last year and a bit so far this year.
Hopefully lose a few more lbs.

3 Likes