2020 Health & Fitness

I got mine from here for quickness and ease
https://www.thevegankindsupermarket.com/products/explore-cuisine-organic-black-bean-spaghetti-200g?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googleshopping&variant=31417487720542&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uT4BRD5ARIsADwJQ18kz5QMuCK1vIaUlthXwtjZ-Vr0EaxfHtxvzEiSL3Iwx0F1e-lkARgaAuwaEALw_wcB

However, you can get them for like half the price in Aldi and they have other versions.

Really looking forward to eventually trying the edamame (they sell them online aswell, ive seen)

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have a look in Aldi sometime, thanks!

1 Like

Getting into pistol squats after stumbling across a video of someone doing them on Instagram. Something very gratifying about them, almost like pull ups.

2 Likes

hate these

iā€™m nowhere near flexible enough for pistols

thought about trying to work on them but they are hard so i didnā€™t

Iā€™m quite short - I wonder if that helpsā€¦ Even then, I still find the balance very tricky and will often have to steady myself. 6/6 each leg. And he used a kettle bell on itā€™s side to assist range of motion. Iā€™d post the video but the guy is such a plonker I think I may get judgedā€¦

Iā€™ve done NO exercise in over a week. Last did weights (bodypump) a week ago. I last ran over 2 weeks ago. Iā€™ve totally given up on HIIT as it gets me sweaty so Iā€™d need to do it first thing before I shower, and that doesnā€™t really fit into my day. Likelihood of me getting any exercise in over the weekend is nil. Going to psychologically treat this as a resting spell, and try again next week to get my mojo back. Once nursery goes back in 2.5 weeks Iā€™ll be able to get back on top of things a few days a week at least.

Vital stats update

Games played: 24 (W10 D4 L10)
Total on-pitch time: 20 hrs 40 mins
Goals scored: 9
Exercise plan for next week: no football, 5x swimming

2 Likes

Youā€™ve been able to play football again?
Thatā€™s great! :tada: So happy for you :blush:

Some outdoor pitches have reopened. Itā€™s all a bit haphazard atm though, with last minute venue changes and cancellations.

1 Like

Hello.

Which pull up bar should I get?

or

Letā€™s ignore the fact that one costs three times as much as the other and focus on the fact that Iā€™m 15 and a half stone and like my doorframes as they are.

first one

1 Like

First one, you can do more with it and itā€™s easier to take down

Started doing two long walks a day plus one session of either slow weight work, HIIT style stuff or basic yoga.

In the space of a couple weeks itā€™s already having a serious effect and walking a long distance as opposed to running short is going easier on my back

i miss the gym :sob:

This sounds like a really good idea - how resistant is the kitchen safe timer to ā€˜overrideā€™, so to speak? Iā€™d be worried that Iā€™d just reset it, lol

oh fuck no

1 Like

thanks a lot man, now Iā€™m craving one of those Caramel bars :laughing:

1 Like

oh right the screws ripped through the holes, they didnā€™t come out the wall?

fuckin hell man. reckon thatā€™s on you tbqh.

I have a well sturdy frame, but I still fear this happening every time I do a pull-up. Every time.

Hope youā€™re okay

1 Like