2020 Vegan / Plant Based Thread 🌾🥑🍆🥦🌽🥕🧅🧄

I’m now going to waste my evening thinking of a brand name for the synthetic brawn product.

1 Like

Cut meat intake right down last year, but slipped back into bad habits near the end of the year. Mostly due to not meal planning.

Had the vegan katsu curry at Wagamama earlier with my son. Not very good. The vegetable one is way better.

Braw(no)

1 Like

5 Likes

Quawn, surely?

Swung by M&S in Hedge End (which they’ve done out like an American Wholefoods and I’m sorry but I LOVE IT) to pick up Kiev’s and got this tofuish and chips for dinner.

Tofu is pretty bland on its own but has a good crispy batter and that tartare sauce is BANGING.

I haven’t yet found a version of battered tofu that I wouldn’t eat more of.

1 Like

It’s good innit. Loads of the bigger stores are getting kitted out like this. Was offered a job there but turned it down in the end.

At an old job we used to get queries sometimes about why such and such product isn’t vegan when there are no animal products in the ingredients, and it was usually that it included lemon/lemon juice. Some fruits are often waxed and sometimes the wax is beeswax or shellac, making the fruit vegetarian but not vegan. So my money is on lemon.

2 Likes

This picture means nothing to me, so I’ll assume your brawn pun is Viennawn.

His character is called Bronn in game of thrones

OK.

Game of Thrawns?

1 Like

I was actually going for Robson and Jerbrawn

4 Likes

Been veggie since the hospital stays, and not looking to go fully vegan as I’m not ready, but I will.

The kids did it. My eldest who is 5 was shocked we eat animals. So that was that.

Also FAR TOO MUCH COCONUT OIL BASED CHEESE REPLACEMENT for one human. Jesus fucking Christ, my bowels are well lubricated today.

2 Likes

This is a good ‘chicken’ style one

There’s also a Mexican-style one using pinto beans, cumin, chilli powder, oregano & soy sauce that I make quite often.

And as for sauces… this is wonderful

Love Isa.

1 Like

I had a Vegan Steak Bake today, it was delicious. Like everything else at Greggs, it all depends on how long it’s been sitting going cold, but I got one that was fresh out of the oven and it was great, hot pastry and gravy is the best

2 Likes

Yeah. Would mostly agree with this review. Not nearly enough of the vegan mayo, which left the edges being quite dry. The middle was fine though, and they’ve quite successfully transferred their spice mix to the quorn patty.

1 Like

Had the vegan meatball sub from Subway today. It was fine. Will probably get a side of hash browns then chuck those in next time for added vegan scumbag points.