2021 favourite Compilations/Reissues/E.P.s/Live Albums/DJ Mixes/etc

Going to try my first link, for Cameroon Garage Funk (Analog Africa). My introduction to the label which I am now obsessed with (and a second for Habibi Funk)

https://open.spotify.com/album/1OKfcvDJwS1DwokTAxp07H?si=11vilQD0SjahVIMI4SKvGg

4 Likes

This is one of my favourite eps of the year. A mix of electronica and experimental pop. I had to drop it from my write up as I just couldn’t put why I liked it into words, which is rubbish on my part.

2 Likes

I did enjoy this EP, The Dream We Had by a Polish band called Midsommar that I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned in any other threads. Very pretty shoegaze/dream-pop. The guitars are nice but the vocals are probably what make it for me - layers of ethereal type stuff that sort of refract all over the place. Very chilled.

2 Likes

The Record Club releases from reissue label Melodies International have been pretty tasty. “Artist curated mini compilations” …very mini, only two tracks on each release. First one was put together by Four Tet

Only two releases strong, very much looking forward to what comes next.

2 Likes

Favorite EPs are

Meat Wave - Volcano Park EP

Eluvium - Virga II EP

A Place to Bury Strangers - Hologram EP

You can’t go wrong with a Numero Group comp. I signed up to a vinyl subscription for the last 3 months of 2021 and the December record was this :arrow_down:

1 Like

For some reason, writing this has broken me. But here it is, my EPs of the year.

1 Like

Great write up. I’d forgotten all about that Broken Suns EP. It’s excellent. Love how percussive it sounds.

1 Like

Downloaded when it came out but I still haven’t listened to this.