2021 Lions rugby union tour to South Africa

This is really tense

May I introduce you to Warren Gatland.

Haven’t seen today’s, or last week’s, match, but from what I’m seeing game management was a massive issue. Criminal choices at pelanty time ect. Also seeing a lot from friends about the use of TMO today. Haven’t seen a jot of today’s game, but is this a fair remark or not?

Think this was what they are getting at. Almost like it’s VAR instead of using it to back their decision. As I said, I’ve barely seen anything of this series.

Honestly think, with the situation that Australian rugby is in, that that might be the last we see of the lions in its current guise

1 Like

It was fitting for the whole series to be decided by a ref rewarding a horribly lazy and cynical piece of play buying a penalty. Lawes was away from that ruck until he was pushed back in and trapped.

That it followed up a terrible call in the scrum against Sinckler was just the icing on the cake. He was low but his shoulders wete above his hips, and he was driving up, his knee went down as the SA tight head knew he was fucked and just hinged to kill the drives momentum.

If the lions do continue I’d rather the next tour was Argentina or the Pacific Islands, were the money will go to developing the game rather than propping up dreadful administration.

1 Like

There was a glorious 20 minutes in the first half where Price and Russell cut loose supported by a mobile and athletic pack, which gave a glimpse of what might have been if Gatland had trusted his players skill above just bombing Kolbe.

2 Likes