2021 Music related items - Show & Tell

What are the favourite music related things you’ve acquired this year - from an aesthetic pov?

Musical instrument, hifi gear, band t-shirt, book, one of them coloured vinyl thingamees, anything really.

Here’s a few from me:
Don’t think I’ve bought a band t-shirt in 20+ years but couldn’t resist this Ekin Fil one

Cloudy Blue vinyl of Mkdwife’s Luminol

Signed copy of the beautifully packaged Japanese Breakfast album

5 Likes

probably the Pye Corner Audio Black Mill Tapes 10th anniversary box set (not my picture, but it’s a better representation than I could get with my phone)

9 Likes

Quite hard to find images that show it at its best, but the first hardback edition of Monolithic Undertow by Harry Sword is a beautiful object; psychedelic colourful hardback wrapped in a tracing paper dust jacket so the colour comes through like something cloaked in fog. Perfectly captures the subject matter and it’s a lovely tactile thing to hold and read.

7 Likes

It was a lovely object, until my son spilt squash on the dust jacket - sent it all crinkly and purple.

Great book though. Highly recommended.

2 Likes

This Noiserv tape, which came with its own little display case:

and another tape, for a Real Tuesday Weld bonus album, this time as a blood bag:

And a few vinyl records I’m happy with. The top one is a nice solid double vinyl by Andrea Laszlo Simone which I ordered from Italy and love, and the others are a few coloured vinyl albums from this year, including the lovely blood marble effect Orchestre… one.

5 Likes

I posted pics elsewhere on here after I won it, but it’s still worth posting. A guitar played on Ghosteen (although god knows where, because it’s pretty guitar-free) and also the soundtrack to Blonde (which should be coming soon).

2 Likes