2021 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

getting a big rush from this

1 Like

Did not what to expect, but feeling this.

1 Like

New to me - greenSLLIME. Will I ever get bored of woozy, drumless rap with soul samples? It is doubtful.

Loved reading this Mach Hommy review on Pitchfork. Paul Thompson can really write

New Knowledge The Pirate album is pretty great. If you love the stuff Roc Marci, Ka and anyone doing that dusty, New York street shit, youā€™ll dig this.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, I enjoyed that album. Is it on streaming now? I posted a link above, but it was only available from his website.

This is really solid. Even though Peter Rosenberg is a bit of a plonker.

Also enjoying this from Rome Street and Ankhlejohn

I paid for some Haram live show stream that I still havenā€™t watched yetā€¦

Yeah, hit streaming either last week or the week before.

1 Like

Ffs. I paid, thinking it might be a while away. Will never learn. Very solid album though.

Check out that Rosenberg compilation - reckon youā€™ll like it!

Slightly odd request but does anyone have a hip-hop playlist thatā€™s good for summertime and in particular barbecuing?

Was gonna make my own but figure you guys know more than me and might already have one?

Was thinking loads of 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s stuff, native tongues and G-Funk etc?

I just feel like I cook better food if Iā€™m listening to ATCQ or Rakim etc

New Lloyd Banks sounding good, spots from Freddie Gibbs, Roc Marci, Benny the Butcher.

3 Likes

Really enjoying the Peter Rosenberg tape/album. Had no idea who he was and still donā€™t to be honest

1 Like

He has a radio show on Hot 97 in the US, and heā€™s involved in wrestling somehow. I think heā€™s perceived as a bit of a dilettante and self proclaimed authority on the NY underground, despite being from Maryland. I donā€™t mind him, but I get mild Tim Westwood vibes.

This album is great though - love the Next Chamber track with Method Man and Raekwon.

1 Like

really love this

The Rubā€™s History of Hip Hop mixes are my go toā€¦ Theyā€™re all good but the 93 one is especially great.

http://www.itstherub.com/history-of-hip-hop-vol-15-1993-mixed-by-dj-ayres/

1 Like

Cheers!

Finally on streaming :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Did not expect to be enjoying a Lloyd Banks album in 2021.

Decent read on him hereā€¦

2 Likes

Never thought Iā€™d hear DOOM on an Edan beat (though looks like thereā€™s an Edan remix of Da Superfriendz out there)

2 Likes