2021 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

Massive shame. Responsible for some of the most outright enjoyable music ever. Goinā€™ Off is a personal pick me up and the combination of him and the Beasties is my favourite musical pairing. The lower the stakes the more he gave. Just have to look at some of those sleeves and Iā€™m in bits too, absolutely slapdash.

RIP man, nobody beats the Biz x

1 Like

Damn. 2021ā€™s been a rough year as a Hip-Hop fan.

RIP Biz, Thanks for the Music.

1 Like

A truly original presence in hip hop. A showman, an entertainer. He will be missed.

Rest in power, Biz :fist:t2:

2 Likes

2 fucking jaaaams

2 Likes

One of my favourite posters.

3 Likes
1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRcH6OuD-zS/?utm_medium=copy_link

Without Biz, we may not have had Big Daddy Kane.

Biz truly was one of a kind.

1 Like

Missed this earlier this year, Jim Jones and Young Thug make a surprisingly enjoyable pairing

1 Like

Ooooh yeah

5 Likes

Forever grateful thereā€™s a Kanye thread of his own and he doesnā€™t get talked about in here :pray:

6 Likes

Not sure how I missed it but that Open Mike Eagle album from last year is on repeat in my head and my streaming service of choice. Love the production and self-deprecation. Itā€™s basically perfect to my ears.

6 Likes

Yeah, love that album. I didnā€™t properly get into it until mid January, so missed out on my AOTY list. Would definitely have been on there if iā€™d given it the time at the time.

1 Like

Itā€™s such a strong set of songs, and even though theyā€™re mostly about despair they just sound so pleasing, from his voice to the beats and stuff, that itā€™s a really enjoyable listen.

1 Like

Niiiiiiiice

5 Likes

New Skepta on the way

1 Like

Enjoying this interview with Uncommon Nasa. His Dope Shit Podcast is very good - hips me to so much new music.

1 Like

just really donā€™t think I like Daveā€™s voice or choice of beats

leaves me pretty much cold :confused:

For me some of it was very good but there are some stinkers on there. Musically a bit boring too i think.