2022 Rolling Hip-Hop Thread

sold!

1 Like

This is best rap track of the year territory

The bass line is sick and his flows are just joyous - sounds like listening to peak Andre, like there’s nothing he couldnt do

1 Like

think ive become a Logic fan this year, didn’t see it coming

the JID album is the most excited I’ve been by a full rap album for a long time

3 Likes
1 Like

That’s a goddamn handsome man

blessing your day with positivity from mouse

Repotting my Plants… Minding my Business… Staying Out the way. Ya’ll be Easy.

A bit baffled it hasn’t got more critical attention than it has tbh. Like he’s not exactly unheard of or new and it’s barely been reviewed. Is great the whole way through, and has like half a dozen rap track of the year contenders. The only thing that I can say against it is it follows the Kendrick sound/album template a bit closely but I probably enjoy it more than any album Kendrick has put together since TPAB. Shouldn’t have to completely reinvent the wheel to get noticed when so many average records get plenty of plaudits.

drake beefing the needle drop is pretty funny

2 Likes

Just got a couple of tickets for Roc Marciano and Alchemist at Jazz Cafe. Friday Oct 28th! Tickets on JC site.

3 Likes

Love how Drake came out to clarify that when he comes out better from the fake tweets. “No, no. I am just a petty and rude asshole, thanks.”

3 Likes

Not one, but TWO new Ka albums. Only available on his website for now, no idea if it will go to streaming. He self releases all his stuff, so probably won’t be for a while if he does.

5 Likes

Yeah, his stuff always goes to streaming after a while. About to take my son to football training - hopefully none of the parents want to have a chat.

2 Likes

hows the lukah album, not got round to it yet

Listened twice. I really enjoyed it. Grabbed me way quicker than anything else he’s released actually.

1 Like

Yeah, the new Lukah is really good. But I also really dug his last two too.

1 Like

The Pink Siifu & Real Bad Man album is very good.

3 Likes

Yeah really liked this. Been a good week for rap music!

1 Like

Feels like a good couple of months now. So much good stuff recently

2 Likes

Ffs. This isn’t actually happening.