Dating in the modern age seems to be a bit of a mindfield.
To help us all out, and get a bit of debate going, I’m going to post an entirely hypothetical scenario and give you a poll all to vote on.
Feel free to debate the scenario, or post up other hypothetical scenarios for people to vote on and discuss if you wish
You have met someone on the dating app Tinder, and have been seeing them for about 2 months. The relationship progressed fairly rapidly, you both seem to get on really well and are having daily WhatsApp chats filled with xxx and cute emojis.
You are seeing each other as often as your busy lifestyles allow and are sleeping together
You really like this person, and have every reason to believe that the other person likes you back in a similar way. Crucially though no discussions have taken place about exclusivity or "where this relationship is going"
Do you continue to use the dating App Tinder to match with, chat to and maybe date other people?
(poll is not anonymous, but I can add one if people would prefer to vote that way)
- of course, the exclusivity conversation has not taken place. Chances are the other person is still using it too, we met on there after all
- I might glance at it occasionally and have a bit of a swipe when I’m bored, but I wouldn’t take things further than a bit of chat
- Probably wouldn’t bother, who’s got the time?
- I really like the person I’m seeing, why would I want to complicate that by continuing to use Tinder?
- It’s just not the done thing so I wouldn’t do it
- Other - please discuss below