šŸ“† 22nd May: Weekly social thread for the music board (not rolling)

weā€™re all really nice, I promise!

1 Like

I know, I just like reading along whilst I listen to each album. Gotta play catch up properly :grin:

1 Like

Sexy time

I had never heard of her before @rich-t mentioned
her but i canā€™t stop listening to that Charlotte Cornfield album.

Listened to her first album?

1 Like

Not yet. Similarly good?

Better?

Giving some music recommendations to a friend, which got me re-listening to the New Pagans debut album from a couple of years ago. What a fantastic indie rock record.

This is the Neighbours theme tune right

Turnover are gonna be a snoozefest when I see them

Just stuck Cadenza by Dutch Uncles on.

Wow. Blown away.

I remember being totally underwhelmed by Out Of Touch In The Wild and resolutely ignored them since. Is there anything particularly good from their past few albums that I might have missed?

Just discovered this album today, a track from it was in the Suggested Tracks section at the bottom of one of my playlists.

Itā€™s wonderful. Iā€™m not a religious person in any sense of the word but I love the feeling of searching for something bigger than you that you hear in a lot of Spiritual Jazz, this has got that same quality. I suppose it could be classed as spiritual jazz itself in a way. Thereā€™s a quality to his voice that utterly captures my attention.

Militarie Gun are proper good

Ever wake up with a song you havenā€™t knowingly heard for ages stuck in your head? Donā€™t think Iā€™ve listened to this since it came out but I cannot stop humming it.

2 Likes

doing Wide Awake listneing, though since I know most of the acts inside out itā€™s just a refresher. That Model/Actriz album is a rager though eh? Knew people loved it but never got round to it on release - gonna be weird to see them so early on a sunny day but predict theyā€™ll be grand

now doing a second listen of a random 2019 indie thing (The Gotobeds, terrible name) Iā€™d never heard of before today, off the back if an @Icarus-Smicarus post. Better than any new releases from this month tbh

1 Like

Listening to the new Blur song a lot.

Also been doing some gig revision ā€¦The Cure. Need a Twilight Sad refresh too

2 Likes

Wireā€™s drummer used to go by the name Robert Gotobed so I presume itā€™s a reference to that (I thought it was a side project of his when I first heard of them)

1 Like

Mate got to see Mr Bungle, Melvins and Spotlights last night in Californiaā€¦ not at all jealous

3 Likes

Really thought about getting tickets for this tour. Never actually caught Melvins live thought they play loads here in the PNW. Saw Mr. Bungle in 99 and Iā€™m fine leaving it at thatā€¦unless they release something new new.

They put out an album last year. Itā€™s great.