3 ways you have been good lately?

big or small.

I have:

. cut down on the booze
. gone from 3 to 1 baths a day
. tried to be more caring with my mum and encourage us both to eat healthier.

8 Likes

If you asked me two weeks ago then I’d be able to answer this. I’m currently in the absolute shit and can barely be bothered doing anything for myself. I suppose I’ve been supportive to my family. Hoping to get myself into a proper routine this week so maybe next Sunday I’ll be able to contribute something that I’m proud of.

5 Likes

Started exercising once a day and proper exercise at that

Started doing things I like doing again without feeling guilty about it

Hoovered the skirting boards when I did the weekly hoovering this morning

4 Likes

No ways

I’m a fucking mess

1 Like
  • been a good and supportive friend to someone who could use a bit of kindness in their life right now
  • doing some exercise at least every second day
  • not snacking too much and being mindful about what I’m eating
4 Likes
  1. Wrote my contribution for this thread
  2. Realised it was just bragging
  3. Deleted it. No bragging!
11 Likes

Not drinking
Salads or soup for lunch in the week
Saying two nice/positive things for every moan/complaint

4 Likes

Went to support a vulnerable member of staff in a meeting with the Head teacher even though she’s not in my department and it’s not my corner to fight really.

That’s absolutely it though, have been too ill to do anything else good since.

6 Likes

getting through the day is sometimes an achievement in itself so there’s no rush, look after yourself

2 Likes

I enjoyed that corn you posted tbh

1 Like

congratulations on whatever you were going to brag about!

3 Likes

in the peak of lockdown I was sometimes having 4

3 Likes

Definitely on a low point at the moment, so I guess hanging in there to get to better times is all I could say.

13 Likes

i’ve been mad off my routine lately because of work so not very much really. my diet has been awful and i’ve had the ‘throat is closing’ sensation when going to sleep because of how dehydrated i am. (my fault, water is the first thing to drop off when i’m overindulging in junk food.)

but

1. i tidied most of my flat, like proper tidied it with dusting and everything, on my day in lieu on Friday
  2. just did all the washing up for the first time in a week and a half this morning
  3. just washed out my water filter jug (although looks like i spent £16 on the wrong cartridges a couple of months ago :frowning: good thing i only bought 3 and not 6 :grimacing: )
4 Likes

hang in there buddy, patience is hard but things will improve!

• getting better at committing to buying nice stuff instead of being indecisive, which turned a nice treat into something stressful
  • tidied my room and washed my clothes after a few very slack weeks
  • made gig/general plans with a friend who id dropped out of touch with
5 Likes
  • tidied and organised the flat a bit more which has made me feel a lot better.
  • not drank booze for nearly a month.
  • speaking to my parents a lot more :blush:
6 Likes

watered my plants
sprayed my plants from the bottle
fed my plants with plant food

5 Likes

your plants love you for it

1 Like

I can’t think of 3 but I’ve been doing a lot of exercise recently. Unfortunately it is having next to no tangible effect, but hopefully it’s doing me good in some way I can’t see or feel.

Ok here’s 2 more
Started using skincare products at night again instead of nothing
Finaly caved and bought a wedge pillow for my heartburn. It’s more difficult to get to sleep now as it’s quite uncomfortable, but it’s mostly stopped me waking up at 4am needing to take antacids

2 Likes