500 Days of Summer: 10 Years On

Good film? Bad film? Mediocre film?

Decent reflection here:

Saw it once, thought it was shite, haven’t bothered again.

3 Likes

This film made me sad.
Best compliment someone’s ever given me was telling me I reminded them of Zooey Deschanel.

5 Likes

good

4 Likes

Seem to remember liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Except for the last line, give me a break.

Not happy that it gave a resurgence to You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates, as it’s their only major single that I’m not that fussed on.

2 Likes

ended up watching it multiple times for some reason

he likes the smiths in it, therefore it is very bad

4 Likes

I bloody LOVE you make my dreams.

4 Likes

Remember enjoying it. Haven’t given it much thought since.

10 seems a bit young, I’d have guessed like 2004 or something, crazy!!

It gets a lot of flak for the manic pixie dream girl thing obv but the guy in it is a fucking dirtbag, no reason to root for him.

7 Likes

Exactly this.

3 Likes

Side note: Where the fuck has Joseph Gordon Levitt been recently? Had an amazing 2009-13 or so and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

1 Like

I could be wrong because it has been years since I’ve seen it, but wasn’t the point that it was a deconstruction of the manic pixie dream girl thing?

2 Likes

Yeah it just does it in a fairly incomplete way which ended up updating it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

He was in that shit xmas movie with Seth Rogan and Anthony Mackie.
And that’s about it tbf

3,652 days of summer

3 Likes

It can probably be chalked up as an ok film that is completely misinterpreted in a bad way

2 Likes

I found it to be an OK film with more excruciatingly embarrassing bits in it than almost any other OK film

I think that it is smug on the surface, but underneath it’s a refreshingly honest film about why relationships fail and how the parties involved kid themselves and each other about what they want the relationship to mean.

3 Likes

FTFY