6music rolling thread

What version is that? I only really like the Frankie Knuckles one.

Florence and the machine

And the one without Dizzee doing a quirky cameo :frowning:

Game’s gone, lads

Eeeewwwww

1 Like

Lamacq has been properly bobbins. Worse than usual.

What a great start to the week.

‘80s Day’’ is a complete train wreck. I’m supposed to spend a day in 2021 listening to music I would have run a mile from in 1984? I finally turned it off when they played Wang Chung followed by an absolutely awful song by Carly Simon.

I just don’t get the logic of it. I’m not a fan of wall to wall nostalgia at the best of times but it wouldn’t have been so bad if they’d focused on 80s alternative music (which was pretty great and of which there is loads). All it’s doing is reminding me of how awful daytime music radio was in the 80s.

I’m enjoying it :grinning:

Yeah I absolutely loved the pop day last week but not sure about this one

“1994 is fairly close to the end of the Eighties” - Lamacq hearing its Eighties day on 6music

14 Likes

DIdn’t now they were doing this but looking at the list of recent tracks

This looks like quite a good broad mix. Also just started playing Slayer - Raining Blood. Not sure this was daytime radio at the time!

2 Likes

Automatic now - Tuuuuune

1 Like

He’ll phone in sick

1 Like

Or just play the stone roses and the smiths for the whole show

Why so many of these theme days recently? Are they always doing these and I just didn’t hear about them until the pop day?

Pop day was a surprise but they did announce this one in advance

They’ve done the odd thing in the past similar but I’m struggling to remember what the themes were

Maybe I just caught a bad twenty minutes. It was Nemone.

I’m giddy with excitement to see what he opens with… If it’s not Smiths, Roses or the Jam I’ll be 50 shades of shocked!

1 Like

Just imagining Lamacq’s show on the inevitable 90s day…:grimacing:

At least on normal days he is forced to play some newer things.

3 Likes