6music reshuffle

Maybe I just caught a bad twenty minutes. It was Nemone.

I’m giddy with excitement to see what he opens with… If it’s not Smiths, Roses or the Jam I’ll be 50 shades of shocked!

1 Like

Just imagining Lamacq’s show on the inevitable 90s day…:grimacing:

At least on normal days he is forced to play some newer things.

3 Likes

Imagine they binned him off before the 90s day. Imagine.

3 Likes

Hopefully they’ll wait until he’s booked in his annual leave and then announce it.

5 Likes

I’m calling it - Style Council

1 Like

I really enjoy Tom Robinson’s Now Playing. Not always new stuff but I often find bands new to me.

4 Likes

It’s a good shout! I’ll throw my hat on the peg marked “How Soon Is Now”

2 Likes

I’ll go with She Bangs The Drums

1 Like

Likewise. He’s got such an infectious and unabashed love for music and for other people’s enthusiasm for it as well. I also love the geekiness of finding songs that fit the theme. Always a really nice end to the weekend (followed by Freakzone).

2 Likes

I’ve always thought they play old stuff by s band to get them back in the listeners consciousness before they release new stuff or come on a show etc.

Seems to be the way it goes.

Have to say been listening in the daytime this week and as a decorating/cooking/cleaning/lounging soundtrack I’m on it. Shame LL is off this week mind.

MAH slapped it out of the park this morning. Great show.

4 Likes

Lammo starts with Joy Division, no winners today I’m afraid.

I tuned in especially!
Still, “Love will tear us apart” does fit nicely within the indie disco sector we were all extremely confidently guessing from!

Can’t argue with Then Jericho as well…

1 Like

Half Man Half Biscuit. he’s fucked it within 4 songs. Awful awful band.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there were no DJs at all in the studio today and they just booked the speakers up to a PS1 with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Amazing soundtrack.

6music played this last weekend and I was reminded what a belter it is

1 Like

Fuck me, the button has been pressed. 6music is now broadcasting radio 4 :unamused:

1 Like

Put Planer Rock on… Their playing sad rock ballads.

1 Like