6music rolling thread

I know this is a niche interest but I’m really disappointed with Londonbeat for their involvement.

They must condemn (at 4 am in the comfort zone)

Agreed. I really don’t like AP but this is weird yelling at cloud shitposting

3 Likes

Must be a total cringefest for whoever sits next to Liz at the 6Music Christmas party.

3 Likes

I think she’s done at 6 music now - Saturday show gone, brief Sunday lunchtime interview series finished

I’ll be surprised if she’s ever on again

I’m 48, and I’m with Robin Ince…

8 Likes

I’m 39 and with Rob Ince and Field Music

17 Likes

Oh yeah. I am always with Field Music. In fact if you listen to their latest podcast you’ll even hear my name on it, as they kindly answered a question of mine. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I haven’t listened to the latest one. GBOL though

2 Likes

The idea that good popular music is all about people ‘playing musical instruments’ is so bizarre. If it were right you could forget about Elvis Presley, James Brown, Smokey Robinson, Frank Sinatra, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Madonna etc, etc, etc.

The might be an interesting discussion to be had about the decline of the idea of ‘the band’ in mainstream pop music but this isn’t the way to start it.

4 Likes

It’s obviously beside the point but Taylor Swift has played guitar since she was a kid

Honestly just feel sorry for people like this

4 Likes

As someone who can play decent-ish guitar but has totally struggled with any DAW forays, I’ve never understood the “sure you’re just hitting a button!” mentality either. Electronic musicians blow my mind.

2 Likes

Had the opportunity to listen to Marc Riley a few times the last fortnight for pretty much the first time. (Since the Mark and Lard days). It was almost exactly as I was expecting - which is good as I really quite enjoyed it - although it does sound very much like he’s on his own in his bedroom recording a show (which it was), he played some great music. Pretty much sold immediately when he played Christian Fitness. I suspect it will be better when it goes live broadcast again.

Apparently he used to be in the Fall too!

1 Like

Lammo is back after a week off and starting with some terrible Britpop. Tipping Point it is then!

A week for the reserves. Hawkins, Laverne, MAH and Keaveny all off to the seaside. Wouldn’t be allowed where I work…

1 Like

Huw Stephens, Gemma Cairney and Jamz Supernova are pretty good substitutes for half-term week. There’s only one thing that makes me reach for the off switch with Keaveny, and that’s the really shit impressions. Unfortunately he does one every four minutes so I never last long…

First time listening to The Blessed Madonna (between 9 and midnight on Saturday). Really good.

2 Likes

I wasn’t fussed about Gemma Cairny the last time she did the weekday shows but I’ve really enjoyed her this week so far.

1 Like

There isn’t really one, I don’t think. Maybe I just wasn’t invited.

Best show on the radio imo. I listen to it the following Friday when I’m getting canned.

1 Like