8th September 2020 Thread (Morning)

Hello.

I wish you well.

6 Likes

Something quite oppressive and dictatorial about this sheeldz, I like it.

1 Like

Morning sheeldz.

Kiddo’s first day at nursery so just popping out to do drop off. Then me and my wife are going out for breakfast to make the most of a child free morning :tada:

And got a surprise day off tomorrow for the silly hours I worked over the weekend, so that’s nice. A mid week weekend is always good.

11 Likes

Day 2 of holiday, lovely and sunny so threw the window open …and a bastard wasp flew in :expressionless:

1 Like

Funky Friday :partying_face: Landlord came round at just after 7 to look at the sink, came straight to work after. Tired now, please send help.

1 Like

My brain’s stuck in penguin joke mode and I’ve got a phone interview at 9

10 Likes

Morning all!

The class I was meant to be remotely teaching this morning got cancelled so I’m planning classes and drinking coffee until this afternoon.

I’m pretty tired.

Don’t get in a flap

Woke up at 6 so read my book for a bit. The idea of having to get up, wash and get on public transport to get to work rather than read for 90 mins in my cosy bed and then just turn my laptop on is so alien now.

1 Like

Could open with ‘why did the penguin jump up and down at its job interview?’ ‘To break the ice’

6 Likes

This is good

1 Like

Why was the face-to-face interview afraid?

Absolutely seamless upgrade of a classic.

2 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

9 Likes

Hola!

There’s a new New Order single out today, so that’s my day made.

Second day this week with a 9am meeting put in the diary, and looking there’s 9ams tomorrow and thursday too. When did this start happening, eh?

hello hello

got 2 papers out this morning, and had my first one reach 50 citations yesterday :partying_face:

still soooo much to do :dread_face:

5 Likes

Blimey

1 Like

Morning

Today is my Friday

I’m having some toast with Nutella

Will I ever feel awake and refreshed?

@discobot fortune

oh ffs. Will I one day wake up and not feel like a shell of a woman who needs to slumber for eternity?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: My reply is no

3 Likes