90s house

Massive apologies for the Daily Mail link

Isn’t it funny how you can tell he isn’t in the 90s? Pciture quality aside, his face just doesn’t fit the 90s.

At first I was like omg, he’s 23 and owns his own house, then I read on and he lives there with his parents and partner and so his parents just let him do this to their home, lol (tbf, I bet my mum would welcome a redecoration in this style too)

I think it’s quite a cute/funny project but he refers to his experiences of life in the 90s quite a bit and he was born in, what? 1998?

1 Like

deeply uncomfortabe with people referring to the 90’s as ‘retro’ :no_mouth:

12 Likes

This sounds a bit grumpy of me. It’s not. Let it be known, I am 100% behind this transformation.

‘I have vintage interests but modern values’ :weary:

Vintage. When does it become antique?

3 Likes

Seems like he’s achieved more than me.

Piano house?

6 Likes

Same. He lives in Bakewell too so has all the bakewell tarts his heart could desire.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I love this so much. I think his line about having enough technology to be entertained but not so much as to be overloaded by it is really resonant, and the whole look of the place is just perfect. Well done, lad.

2 Likes

Can’t belive I used to fancy Matt. Such a wanker.

1 Like

Some of my mum’s house still looks like this - the striped wallpaper and then a floral border across the middle of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a great show. I watched the DVD’s of it again a few years back. Most 90’s show I can think of.

Didn’t one of the actors change later on?

My folks went big on the borders in the house I grew up in, contrasting colours or shades above and below. Just feels like a big warm hug to me, '90s decor could be so fun and interesting but still feel really homey.

1 Like

The guy who stays at home all the time changes in series 2, I think the original guy got a movie deal or something.

I really liked growing up in the 90s, glad it was then and not the 50s or the 2010s, have almost only fond memories of those years. GBOYs

4 Likes

Me too. My favourite very 90s memory is that we got cable TV before anyone else on the street, back when it had Sky One on it and everyone was like OMG you can watch the simpsons so at 6pm on Sundays my parents mates who they usually just saw in the pub came over and we had simpsons watching parties.

6 Likes

Fun house

3 Likes

I would 100% love to see someone recreate Fun House in their actual home.
Big slide instead of stairs etc go kart track in the back garden.
Pat Sharp living in the spare room?
The twins running in every so often.

5 Likes

If you remember the 90s you weren’t there!!!1!1!

I mean really he’s just made his house look a bit like an old person’s house.

1 Like