A big, meandering Parquet Courts thread

Jeez, that’s a TREMENDOUS new song!!!
Just an amazing, amazing band!!!

1 Like

Hi boss,

Posts one through six keep to the spirit of the original thread (which is a worthy thread in its own right). It was post 7 where the world’s started to collide and we ended up in Parquet Courts day-job-land. I fear a simple thread rename won’t be enough and we may have to call a board meeting to decide on an appropriate action. I’ll start working on the PowerPoint.

1 Like

Split the thread then, @1101010 loves a bit of that

Actually having another listen and there are a couple tracks that are more obviously dangermouse, but most of it is like the above

How did you manage to get a copy Sev?
When’s the official release?

Reviewed it for a quarterly magazine, it’s out in May I think

I don’t have that power, only the chosen ones can do that

2 Likes

It’s out 18th May

3 Likes

That’s the one aye!!! How’d you know?

Subscriber

1 Like

Always nice to meet a fan

1 Like

I’m relatively new round here, what is ATD?

All Time Dog

4 Likes

I love that that page even exists, thank you

1 Like

You have a lot to learn, young one

1 Like

Wonderful, wonderful stuff this, thanks @ma0sm! All is revealed. Totally ruined my working morning. This stuff is like heroin …

Really shouldn’t be buried in a Parquet Courts Side Project Thread (we’re a little off topic now). RTF!

1 Like

I’m starting to think that they’re like Pavement… but better! (and I really like Pavement)

The Milano and Frozen Dawn albums were both brilliant. Can’t believe there’s another on the way!

2 Likes

My policy of not listening to the singles before album release is really being tested here. I’m not sure why (actually I do come to think of it, it’s his description) but I have a feeling this album is going to be amazing and their best. I love their more aggressive stuff - the song “Sunbathing Animal” is still my favorite thing they’ve ever done.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m similar. I usually only listen to the first single a couple of times then sit tight and wait for the album.
Back in the 80’s things were so much better. Radio 1 would start playing the lead single about 3 weeks ahead of its release, the single would be released then the album would come out a week later.