A big, meandering Parquet Courts thread

Yeah except biffy clyro went actually fully shit whereas Parquet Courts have not

2 Likes

At the time when Puzzle was released is wasn’t considered fully shit, it got a kind of mixed reaction. I’m not saying PC are shit or are going to be shit, simply pointing out a trend that on music boards like this, good will towards a band in general diminishes once they start doing really well. I personally have no issue when a band makes a slight commercial shift. I defend Weezer on here!

We can reconvene in 5 years see how this all panned out.

I DiSagree :wink:

shots fired!

1 Like

Think this might be their best since Light Up Gold

2 Likes

Mardi Gras Beads sounding so much like Range-Life isn’t helping the Pavement comparisons

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve really compared them personally but yeah it is quite funny

They are always so grumpy live. Annoys me a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t believe I gave you the power and you’ve done NOTHING to fix this utter mess of a thread.

I’ll see you in (Parquet) Court(s), son!

This thread is a thing of beauty

7 Likes

One man’s meat …

Liking the new album.

Damn what is in the water at Norman Records?

lol enjoying that by their own admission it’s a completely useless thing to write

The backlash has begun!

1 Like

Best album?

• American Specialties (lol I’ve never listened to this)
  • Light Up Gold
  • Sunbathing Animal
  • Content Nausea
  • Human Performance
  • Milano

0 voters

I think I have to go with Human Performance as the best album (every time I listen to it I forget how stacked and cohesive it is), but “Sunbathing Animal” the song is the peak for me and the direction I wish they’d explore a more. Such an incredible song and lyrically (even for him) he’s on fire.

2 Likes

this is pretty much why I’ve voted Sunbathing Animal, but really there is very, very little between it, Light Up Gold or Human Performance (or the new one) they’re all incredible

1 Like

Not much in it between LUG, HP, SA & WA

1 Like

genuinely think they’re up there with Protomartyr as the best “guitar bands” of this decade, just so consistently great

7 Likes