A chilly Tuesday thread

Alright. Tuesday isn’t it. Tell me about yr plans

1 Like

Get up. Drink coffee. Work. Come home. It passes the time.

10 Likes

Morning Rich, xcheopis. Got up early to watch the cricket, which looks a good decision so far, but definitely going back to sleep for a bit when it’s over. Far too cold and icy to go for a walk, unfortunately - some of the pavements around here were like ice rinks when I went out last night and the temperature’s supposed to stay below freezing until [checks forecast] … Saturday?! Christ on a bike. Got some exciting deliveries coming later today, though.

2 Likes

Morning all. It’s cold and I’m tired, but the cricket is perking me up. Got to go get my Tesco click and collect shopping later, and then a trip to the post office beckons. It’s the stuff legends are made of.

2 Likes

It’s -13.C

The cat is sat cowering all fluffed up on the balcony but refuses to come back in

I’m about to take the little one to school & then I have a day of research & programming a series for our org’s podcast

1 Like

Morning @rich-t @xcheopis @GarethI @riverwise @BodyInTheThames and everyone who posts below :arrow_down:

Feeling a bit :confused: this morning. Can’t put a finger on exactly why, but there are lots of small factors (plus the pandemic obvs). The evenings aren’t long enough to recover from the days, and the weekends aren’t long enough to recover from the weeks. Still, there was a fresh dusting of snow, which looks quite pretty.

Anyway, here’s the :sunny: DAYLIGHT UPDATE! :sunny:

London
:sun_with_face: :crescent_moon: :clock1: :heavy_plus_sign:
07:25 17:04 09:39:45 +3:36
Edinburgh
07:50 17:03 09:13:12 +4:19
King’s Lynn
:sun_with_face: :crescent_moon: :clock1:
07:26 16:59 09:32:53 +3:47
Salcombe, Devon
07:36 17:22 09:46:23 +3:16
5 Likes

Go to work
Come home

Might do something with a cauliflower for dinner

Cold out, but noooooo snooooow

TFIFF :partying_face:

5 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

9 Likes

Morning.

Got a socially distanced site meeting - a site meeting that I’ve already had to postpone twice. Really not looking forward to trying to get the car off the drive though.

1 Like

Hello

2 Likes

Big run up should do it

1 Like

Hi everyone

Making someone redundant today. I am the evil face of capital and feel rotten about it

I’m watching a programme about tarsiers to distract me from it

I agree with this :point_up_2:

2 Likes

One just ate their own earwax fs

Early morning snow walk around the park

Photos

Work, then having a Cities Skylines evening. Been doing this once a week on a new city, enjoying it a lot.

7 Likes

:wave:

Just been to the supermarket :cold_face:

work. then :man_shrugging:

1 Like

First time in a decade where I feel like I need a holiday to recharge. Mind numbing levels of rinse-repeat recently, to the point where I cannot believe the calendar.

It is -4C outside according to the temp gauge which doesn’t surprise me. Supposed to be taking the kids for a woodland walk but it needs a 10 mjnute drive and I’m not so sure the wee car will do it. The big boy Yeti might but its not properly moved since last year.

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir here, but how do you rate it against the awesome simplicity of Simcity 2000,the nice but lacking depth 3000,the complicated and difficult, but ultimately rewarding 4,and the 2013 Simcity that obviously doesn’t exist.

1 Like

We have reached the ’scooping up the snow into trucks and transporting it away’ stage

6 Likes

It’s not quite as cold as that here (its only -1) but dog has started doing the same thing, going out and point blank refusing to come in. I got her back in last night after a standoff and she was freezing, daft behaviour.

Today there is an electrician coming, I have errands to do, and also work and kid stuff. Pretty standard day enlivened by it being really chilly.

2 Likes