A cricket thread for NeWDiS šŸ¦—

wonderful batting, protecting the other guyā€™s average.

1 Like

Improved, but still only scraping into the top 2000. Ingramā€™s been doing sterling service for me though, as was Clark till he got injured. Hoping itā€™s not serious.

Iā€™m going to have to watch my transfers because the block structure of the season and the increased number of transfers is really encouraging me to tinker, and sometimes I do more harm than good.

My eyes!

2 Likes

Yeah, i saw that and wondered what the hell was going on. Trying to counter the swing? When Iā€™ve seen Bailey bat for Aus he certainly didnā€™t do that.

Well, Iā€™ll be damned. Whatever works for him I suppose.

Is it too early to talk about the Champions Trophy yet?

Anyone excited for it? All killer, no filler. Very tasty group featuring the highly-rated hosts, the world cup champions and the moral world cup champions (weā€™re the best team thanks to HANDSOME Kane, BRAVE Brendan and LACONIC Grant, which is the real quiz). Predictions for Group A?

• Proud Brave (Most of an Island Except Scotland) Island Nation
  • Proud Brave (Biggest Island, Smallest Continent) Island Nation
  • Proud Brave (Actually, Weā€™ve Got a Whole Continent, Itā€™s Just Underwater) Island Nation

0 voters

The South Africa tour begins in earnest today. I didnā€™t realise they are world number ones, although any team with Rabada and De Kock in probably should be, really.

If so many Saffas werenā€™t playing County Cricket over here on Kolpak deals, their strength in depth would be ridiculous.

<3 Rabada. Canā€™t believe De Kock is only 24 too. Both are going to be around for a decade.

This afternoonā€™s game has the potential to be very exciting.

Are all the IPL lads back now?

Yup. Stokes just in time to miss the final I think. His side lost by one run.

Fuuuuuuu! This might be a really hot take so brace yourself, but I reckon Stokes mightā€™ve been able to make that run.

1 Like

Quite. Talk about trying to prove youā€™re not a one-man-team and then failing by a whisker.

1 Like

Not really a fan of the IPL, but it does seem daft that the English players got called back before the finals. In the long run, does it do Ben Stokes (and England) more good to experience a high pressure semi final and final, or do some training in Spain with the other England guys? If he needs to re-acclimatise to English conditions, well, isnā€™t that what these one-dayers are for for every other country too?

In other news, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a batting lineup I would take over Englandā€™s at this moment in time. Bowlingā€¦ not so much.

Stokes did so well in the last high pressure final he was inā€¦

yeah, thatā€™s got to be extremely frustrating for the SA cricket board.

He could do with the practice then!

To be honest, Iā€™ve completely stopped caring either way in the 15 minutes since I posted that, from my already very low level of caring. Thereā€™s actual cricket on now!

1 Like

how many runs are England going to score @discobot roll 3d4

:game_die: 1, 4, 1

Making hay in the sun here, amirite @discobot fortune