A cricket thread for NeWDiS šŸ¦—

begins assembling tin foil into hat

hehe no, it was a poorly worded joke

This match was great for the womens game!

ITā€™S GOING TO HAPPEN

Warwickshire are going to win a county championship game in 2017. Their form in all competitions recently is juuuuust good enough to give me a faint whiff of hope that they wonā€™t go down.

Ha, quite amused that itā€™s coming against Middlesex. I know one of their members quite well and he was giving it the large one on Sunday after bowling you out cheaply.

Of course, I shall be the bigger man and not gloat in his face.

Too much.

Warwickshire la la la!
Warwickshire la la la!

1 Like

fittingly, I saw your lot turn Middlesex over last thursday, at my first ever live domestic T20 match.

1 Like

(although itā€™s all gone a bit crazy the last 4 overs - 39 from them! Steve Finnā€™s on a 15 ball 30!)

2 Likes

Warwickshire have Ryan Sidebottom playing for them, only not that one. Heā€™s 27, and has precisely one first class game from 2013. Looks like a cricinfo glitch, but isnā€™t, I guess.

2 Likes

no, they were mentioning that in the guardian county cricket daily blurb. Expensive first over today, and Steve Finnā€™s just walloped* him for 3 consecutive 4s. Just won the game though!

*or possibly inside edged him 3 times, idk

Speaking of that - Did you see Worcs openers wallop 75 off the first 4 overs in the T20 the other night?

Aye, that didnā€™t go so well for the good guys of the west midlands - slightly precarious position to qualify now, not the best NRR for Birmingham.

Worcestershire are a funny team though. Like that match they lost comfortably despite smashing every ball for 6 in one over.

Not quite sure whats going on at Yorkshire. Started the season fine, but now seem utterly incapable of playing any sort of cricket.

Yorkshire just slogged about 90 from 7 overs in the Blast. Twats.

Chuiffed as fuck for local top lad Mason Crane getting a call.

1 Like

England are going to ruin him, I can feel it. Nothing Iā€™ve ever seen suggests they have any clue what to do with leggies

Hopefully in good hands at Hampshire. No one expecting him to play against the Windies, but who knows eh? :cricket_bat_and_ball: :woman_shrugging:

Remember reading an article about Adil Rashid (when he got tonked 1st innings by pakistan, then got a 5fer in the second iirc) and there was a good quote about england batsment being ā€œso bad at playing leg spin, they decided to destroy it from the gameā€

HAPPY PINK BALL DAY EVERYONE!

Whoā€™s excited? Who thinks itā€™s a travesty?

Stuart Broad hasnā€™t had his one spectacularly successful match of the summer yet has he? Iā€™m calling 7 for not much at some point in this game.

Iā€™m looking forward to it. Itā€™ll be nice to have some evening test match to watch, although a small part of me is irked that TMS wonā€™t be on until much later in the day.

1 Like

Guys, donā€™t make me make another separate thread for the Windies series.