A cricket thread for NeWDiS šŸ¦—

you also donā€™t play everyone in the competition, which is similar to the NFL rotation.

yeah, that sounds like good logic. As Iā€™ve said before, Iā€™d like a better way to distribute the wealth, so you donā€™t get the poorer nations being screwed over by T20 competitions etc. cnaā€™t see that happening anytime before the global revolution, though.

Just hold the final in the UAE. Thatā€™s yer weather and neutrality sorted.

hold it in the UAE and we might as well award the winner at the toss.

1 Like

Oh I see, aye, probably is a better comparison then!

Brave Black Caps rinsing the West Indies:

Tactic at home: give ball to Wagner. Wagner bowls short. Opposition all get caught hooking. Repeat.
Notable incident: Sunil Ambris is out first ball, on his debutā€¦hit wicket.

Good to see the honourary Essex boy doing so well.

Did a bit better in his second test. Got to 2 before he trod on his stumps this time.

Was watching this last night, incredible scenes: 29/7 in the 17th overā€¦

Rohit Sharma went past 200 in an ODI innings yesterday, for the third time. That really is extraordinary.

Just clocked that George Worker is playing for NZ, top name. Sounds like someone from a sub-sub-Orwell heavy handed satire novel.

Ill and at home watching the T20. Rohit Sharma is such a lovely pure hitter of a ball.

this was exactly me on wednesday (although I fell asleep towards the end of indiaā€™s innings and missed Sri Lankaā€™s)

Someone pointed out we had Worker, Taylor and Nurse in the last game.

George is a GBOL, really glad to see him in the team and doing well. (Apparently nicknamed Bee due to his work ethicā€¦)

Didnā€™t realise at the time he wasnā€™t England qualified though.

1 Like

It is a shame that weā€™ll have to wait to see him for England but 5 years as a global pro will be golden for him though. Heā€™ll learn in England, Aus, and India and at 27 heā€™ll be absolutely prime if he keeps developing the way he has. And if he has a drop off he wonā€™t have to work through it in half as public a space as the Curranā€™s are, for example.

And now that Iā€™ve shoe horned them into the conversation I just want to once again praise Tom Curran for being an absolute brute of a front and back-end bowler. 9.2 0 35 5 are incredible figures quick.

2 Likes

Nice, Gary!

(I know it is a pointless game, but we can all get behind Nathan Lyon taking a drubbing, right?)

3 Likes

Saw a couple of big bash games with him on on the box whilst I was out there. He did look very good.

The big bash and the ashes were on terrestrial tv felt quite strange, caught some on the ferry to Manly.