A Dark Souls Thread ft. Bloodborne and, begrudgingly, Sekiro (2020 4 phase boss fight mix ft. McGarnagle stomping Bloodborne in his sleep)

Never been able to make my mind up on which is the hardest. BB is incredibly hard at the start since you can’t even level up until you find some insight. DS3 is certainly fairer to the player as regards giving you a bonfire nearer the bosses than DS1. The boss fights themselves are fairer too. I don’t think they are easier though and they tend to last longer.

Everyone seems to have problems with different bosses too. I find Nito a constant pain but most other people here seem to not have much of a problem. Yet if I’m using a lightning uchi I can have Smough down in 20 seconds.

The RNG that you’ve experienced with the Crystal Sage is a common theme in DS bosses.

TL;DR – I don’t know.

2 Likes

They streamlined things a lot to make it more accessible, which does make things feel a bit easier. However they countered that with a few really harsh bosses later on…

I went a different route to most on DS3 and did the bosses in a different order. By the time I got to the Crystal Sage he was almost Pinwheel-esque in how easy he was. Whereas my mate got stuck in him for about 2 months and nearly went mad beating him. Funny how these things work.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, he went down like a sack of shit whenever I could get the hits in, but those random spawn locations and whether or not the spells would hit you when you were up in his grill was what made the difference. Annoying.

Still, that poison swamp thing I’ll be doing soon looks like a right barrel of laughs, so at least I’ve got that to look forward to.

1 Like

Yeah mate it’s like live at the Apollo. Absolute laugh riot.

2 Likes

I’m expecting to enjoy it about as much as a Michael McIntyre set.

2 Likes

Started Bloodborne instead of DSII, wanted to play something that was designed for the PS4 rather than an upgraded PS3 game.

Enjoying it so far but in typical souls fashion is hard as fuck. I’m basically nowhere in the game, died loads trying to kill that big beast man knocking on the door and then just earlier managed to beat him using the gun/parry technique (am finding this way easier than in Souls games) but then died in that sort of sewer bit with the ladders not long after and I’ve given up for this evening. Tomorrow!

I like that it’s more action orientated but obvs still can’t go charging in to areas like Leeroy Jenkins, also love the design asthetically and sonically.

Started the AotA DLC yesterday, and it’s bloody great isn’t it? Beat Artorias last night (first try :sunglasses:), him and the guardian are both really really cool fights. Also enjoying how different the environment is from anywhere else in the game so far.

https://twitter.com/JekcPls/status/1092686080170549248

https://twitter.com/JekcPls/status/1092688094929678337

2 Likes

First try! Impressive…

I loved the DLC. Probably the best bit of the game outside of Undead Burg.

3 Likes

Blimey, that’s pretty impressive and you’re doing some absurd damage with that big hammering thing.

I finished NG+ last night and Artorias still took me 10 or 12 attempts. Gave each of them a few tries but couldn’t be arsed with Manus or Kalameet this time round and, despite my comments earlier about how easy parrying is, kept getting too anxious and falling at the last hurdle with Gwyn.

Finished him off around midnight and naturally went straight into an NG++ run.

2 Likes

wt actual f was that Deacons of the Deep “fight” supposed to be

Yeah pretty rubbish isn’t it? Shame as the level prior to that fight is incredible and HUGE and one of the most challenging bits of the game.

564 damage! You’re a beast

1 Like

Yeahhh what weapon are you using there? And build?

I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

2 Likes

It’s the demon greataxe+15, which has an S rating for strength so pumped loads of souls into that. Went and got that before sens fortress and its served me pretty well ever since.

Its so heavy though, and I’m super anal about being able to light roll, so my armor is super light. It’s also really slow, so have had to work on my timing a lot.

Soul level 92ish, off the top of my head got somethinhg like 32 vit, 40 endurance and 52 strength. Like i’ve said upthread, sunbro-ing for O&S a lot and doing Ariamis straight after that helped build up a lot of souls and the game has been much easier since then.

All that said, about to venture into the Chasm of the Abyss and fucking bricking it.

1 Like

Dont really know why it’s called an axe. It’s clearly more of a hammer

1 Like

Manus wrecked my shit

2 Likes

Which should I replay at half term (completed both twice but haven’t played either for ages)

• Bloodborne
  • Dark souls 3

0 voters

Fourth attempt and Manus is down! Sif absolutely saved my life.

https://twitter.com/JekcPls/status/1093622973901107201?s=19

4 Likes

So made some progress with Bloodborne but have hit a wall with the blood starved demon in old yharnam. Even summoning Alfred hasn’t made much of a difference, can get him to about half health and seem to have a good rhythm then out of nowhere feels like he corners me and gives me 2 hits and I’m dead.

I’ve used the hunters mark to get my blood echos back and gone to hunters dream to upgrade/have a think (I’ve got about 10,000 souls and a load of blood items too). Will probably come back to it tomorrow or Saturday…

Also this game is way scarier than any of the Souls games I’ve played, so many jump scares and generally horrific looking beasts coming for me out of nowhere. I’m used to fighting fucking knights and trees, not crows that sound like rabid dogs

1 Like

Slogged through that bastard poison swamp with those shit cunt curse frog twats and did Abyss Watchers too. Got all the items I could see so will check a walkthrough tonight to see if I’ve missed anything good and then I AM DONE with that place.

Also, relieved I won’t need an upgrade if I want to get Sekiro:

Many thanks to the console peasants for keeping the system requirements down. :pray:

1 Like