A Dark Souls Thread ft. Bloodborne and, begrudgingly, Sekiro (2020 4 phase boss fight mix ft. McGarnagle stomping Bloodborne in his sleep)

I really like that fight these days, but I really struggled with it locked on

I only need another 217 large Titanite shards to have one of every standard upgradeable weapon at +10!

2 Likes

Yeah it took me a long while to realise to go toe to spindly leg with it was a bad idea. My default big-shield-turtle tactic just got me melted a lot on my first run through.

1 Like

This was actually where my first attempt at the game - back on the 360 - came unstuck. Getting cursed down there is such complete bullshit!

2 Likes

It really, really is. But it’s not as bad as it was pre-1.0 patch when curses stacked so you could end up with 1/4 health and pretty much anything could kill you with 1 hit. Trying to get out of Blighttown then was…interesting. And then it was 4k for a Purging Stone. And bosses dropped less souls.

I know I’ve said the above about 1000 times but I’m still bitter. I can still hear the screams. And they’re all my screams…

2 Likes

Probably shouldn’t have got cursed then, should you.

2 Likes

Damn you @epimer and your hit-and-run sassing!

tenor%20(1)

1 Like

If it’s a purging stone you need, there is a cheaper way if you go further down…

Eww no, far too spooky.

Where to go…

• Sen’s Fortress
  • New Londo
  • Valley of Drakes
  • Weird demon place

0 voters

You’ve beaten main boss in blightown right?

yup.

(been doing Sen’s fortress but keep on falling off of ledges and shit i.e. the most annoying way to die)

1 Like

Defo sens time then. Those snake beasts are v strong, but are very susectable to backstab/parry

Any tips on Ebrietas Daughter of Cosmos? Can generally get her to about 15% health but then will do a quick spin or something and murder me, but saying that I’ve been killed multiple times in about 20 seconds by her as well.
The summon doesn’t seem to help that much, he’d be better off sitting out the fight until the final third where he can pelt her with his magic all he likes

Yeah generally just try to wedge yourself in her blind spot behind and hit away

Pontiff Sulyvahn down and 50 dex reached. Big night.

1 Like

Did you fight those big boy lizard pricks?

I fought some fire deacon dicks and a couple of giants? Haven’t been down into the dungeons yet.

Try to get behind her. First time I beat her I got properly stuck in between her tails and then got lucky that she didn’t have time to do the big boomy one.

God I’d rather be playing Dark Souls right now.

1 Like