A Dark Souls Thread ft. Bloodborne and, begrudgingly, Sekiro (2020 4 phase boss fight mix ft. McGarnagle stomping Bloodborne in his sleep)

Feeling bad about all the baby ghosts and their parents I’m having to poke with my spear.

1 Like

This boss in the abyss is a bit of a twat, eh? Doesn’t help that I’m trying on handheld rather than on the telly. Finding his attacks very unpredictable and blimey they hit hard. Also I did get him down the stage where he keeps sending out fucking dark magic so apparently I need to go back and find this pendant thingy otherwise that stage is gonna be a ballache too. Finding him more annoying/difficult than Mr. Garfunkel.

There is a cheese for him…

also if you have rescued Sif in the same level you can summon him during the fight. Not sure he’s a great help, but he does distract the old sod a bit.

You may come across a developer message saying Let there be light. If you do, you should probably try out that helmet you got in the Demon’s Ruins again.

When you do get the pendant, make sure you just have it and estus as your quick items. Being able to flick between the two as required is vital.

oh man, I love that fight <3

Was getting nowhere then all of a sudden I was getting somewhere. Got him down to a sliver of health and died. Then decided to have one more whack at it, only went and did it didn’t I, dick head tazmanian devil twat. Had the pendant thing and didn’t even end up needing to use it.

5 Likes

Nice. On the home straight now.

1 Like

Think you just have one more boss before the finale. Or possibly two. Did you go to the Painted World?

I have not, no. Is that dlc or part of main game? I stand in front of painting in anor londo yeah - do I need to wave a magic stick or anything?

Main game. You need an item you find when/if you return to the Undead Asylum.

Just Googled, I think I have that item. But I’ll check later.

Love love love the Painted World so much. Absolutely mad that you could easily play through the whole game and have no idea it was there.

3 Likes

Turns out I didn’t have that doll and just did the wee convuluted route back there. Also had a few stabs at that dragon kh-something or other, down from royal wood. He was a dick and I don’t think I have the patience for him. So it’s the painted world next chance I get to have a go.

There’s a very useful item in Kalameet’s area. Agree that Painted World is a really cool area.

1 Like

Have you spoken to Gough since you first met the dragon?

I completely missed this guy so thought Kalameet was impossible, until I was told to go find him…

1 Like

Yeah he has grounded the bam for me but still was finding the battle a bit of a slog so I’ll do the painted world and maybe give him another bash afterwards.

Thought the painted world was rubbish personally. Just a straight line with a couple of double-backs and some weird looking fellas. Had no interest in killing dragon girl child so the whole thing was a big anti climax

The bonewheel dungeon is pretty cool

for farming the wheel shield

If you’re still stuck on him after the PW it’s usually a popular place for co-op. His tail (which is required for a trophy) is much easier to cut off if you have someone else to distract him so you can run around behind him. Can’t count the amount of times when I’ve sunbroed him I get a message from the host before entering the fog simply stating ‘tail’.

I used to place my sign just before the route downwards outside Art’s room. Often got summoned for Art, sometimes for Kal, occasionally for Manus. You can be whole mix of ranges in this area with 1 to 3 boss fights potentially still open so it’s a great spot for a summons.

1 Like